• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich was an amazing head coach

fanpanther

Reich wasn’t terrible, but he was the offensive variant in the multiverse of Ron Rivera and John Fox. 

and if you are completely horrible with one of those guys….its a GM/talent issue.  And that’s generally going to be your QB.   Those are the textbook how to not suck and be average types 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

However, he had rookie Bryce looking better with less weapons than this year.

I think it’s the old “teams have tape on him now” effect. Last year other teams probably still bought into the college hype that fooled Fitterer and played him with more respect and gave up some stuff. This year they see that he’s not an NFL qb and can scheme their defense accordingly. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I think it’s the old “teams have tape on him now” effect. Last year other teams probably still bought into the college hype that fooled Fitterer and played him with more respect and gave up some stuff. This year they see that he’s not an NFL qb and can scheme their defense accordingly. 

Dude, Atlanta gave the entire NFL the blueprint on how to beat Bryce game 1 last season.  It didn't take a entire year for people to figure out he has no arm, to jump routes and play the safeties shallow.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Dude, Atlanta gave the entire NFL the blueprint on how to beat Bryce game 1 last season.  It didn't take a entire year for people to figure out he has no arm, to jump routes and play the safeties shallow.

That’s just how it goes. Happens all the time, week to week adjustments in the season don’t catch up like an entire offseason to study does. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SCO96 said:

I may get flamed for this, but I think Reich would still be here if Carolina had drafted Will Levis. He hasn’t proven anything yet, but 10x better than Bryce Young…and we wouldn’t have had to give up any draft picks.

Lady Cowboy Fan agrees with you.

That's who she thought we should draft, though she also agrees with my preference (Stroud)

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, t96 said:

WOW!

Seriously though, well-respected doesn't mean you're a good HC. I always viewed Reich as an offensive version of Rivera. Rivera actually has a better win % than him. Reich only made the playoffs with Luck and Rivers (Rivers was obviously at the end of his career but still a legit above average starting QB) never with "garbage QB play." Look, don't get me wrong, Tepper made Reich's job here wayyyyyy harder, but Reich was never a great coach and it was so stupid to go with a retread hire at the time, especially him. 

That's pretty fair. But give him CJ Stroud and it would look pretty much completely different. 

Stupid is a strong word, but let's keep that in mind when calling out our non retread, even hired a year too early, head coach. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, strato said:

That's pretty fair. But give him CJ Stroud and it would look pretty much completely different. 

Stupid is a strong word, but let's keep that in mind when calling out our non retread, even hired a year too early, head coach. 

Idk man, CJ here would definitely be much better than Bryce but last year we still probably don’t win any more than 5-6 games, and CJ wouldn’t be anywhere near OROY. Reich just was not a good HC. I’m basing that mostly on his Indy tenure and I didn’t want him when we hired him either, so Tepper/Bryce have very little to do with it.