• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich was an amazing head coach

fanpanther

19 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Reich was pretty well respected in the league and with garbage QB play in Indy amassed a better win % than Fox, Rivera, and coaching legend Steve Wilks.

i think once he arrived in Charlotte he figured out that Isray was a well adjusted football genius compared to this clown show. That had to have been deflating.

Garbage QB play? He had Luck, Rivers and Wentz who averaged 30 TDs and 11 INTs in the 3 years they above .500. His worst years were Brissett and a washed Ryan. He definitely had solid QB play and to be honest, he never had an inexperienced/rookie QB to develop. He really wasn’t a match for a rookie QB based on his preferences and experience.

Just like everyone else we’ve hired/not fired, we made a bad move. It is funny how people still like to make excuses for coaches and GMs who didn’t do well. Reich sucked and Indy was happy to move on from him. Good QB play from experienced vets is what carried him.

Reich wanted a vet qb. He wanted Carr and got Fitterered. Then he was forced to use Young and a mismatched cast of offensive coaches. He was toast as soon as he took the job. He was the wrong coach for developing a rookie qb and everyone knew it but Tepper and Fitterer. And they took the wrong rookie. It was doomed from the start.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Reich wanted a vet qb. He wanted Carr and got Fitterered. Then he was forced to use Young and a mismatched cast of offensive coaches. He was toast as soon as he took the job. He was the wrong coach for developing a rookie qb and everyone knew it but Tepper and Fitterer. And they took the wrong rookie. It was doomed from the start.

I’ll bet, since we saw articles about how Fitterer and Reich were in lock step about Young, that Reich was OK with Young (if he couldn’t have a vet) due to all that super processor poo. His maturity and S3 scores. You are correct though that Reich didn’t fit our we are finally going with a rookie QB decision.

Just like every move under Tepper, we fuged up again. Probably why so many people aren’t really expecting Canales or Morgan to be the correct answer. Based on the past 6 years, I can’t blame them. 

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

I’ll bet, since we saw articles about how Fitterer and Reich were in lock step about Young, that Reich was OK with Young (if he couldn’t have a vet) due to all that super processor poo. His maturity and S3 scores. You are correct though that Reich didn’t fit our we are finally going with a rookie QB decision.

Just like every move under Tepper, we fuged up again. Probably why so many people aren’t really expecting Canales or Morgan to be the correct answer. Based on the past 6 years, I can’t blame them. 

I don't think they were in lock step at all. Frank just tried to go along to get along. Looking back on the situation Frank wanted a vet to start and they tried for Carr but Fitterer didn't really try to sign him because he was rookie all the way. Frank made it clear that Scott picked the players and he decides who starts. That's pretty clear to me the dynamics behind the scenes. So what Frank presented as his plan when he was hired went out the window rather quickly after he was hired.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't think they were in lock step at all. Frank just tried to go along to get along. Looking back on the situation Frank wanted a vet to start and they tried for Carr but Fitterer didn't really try to sign him because he was rookie all the way. Frank made it clear that Scott picked the players and he decides who starts. That's pretty clear to me the dynamics behind the scenes. So what Frank presented as his plan when he was hired went out the window rather quickly after he was hired.

Don’t you remember the married couple we’ll turn over the cards at the same time before and after the draft process? I do agree that I think Reich would have preferred a vet but I could see him wanting the supposedly most pro ready QB in the draft. It’s still mind boggling to me that we chose Young and that he was a top 1 or 2 guy in the media. Given what we’ve seen and his being the only one to not workout or throw at the combine, it’s just still amazing that we got snowed so bad. Oh well. 

16 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Nope, everyone who studied tape would tell you. But let me guess they are homers too 

Let’s put it this way…. 

he’s dead last in yards per drop back since 2011….out of 431 quarterbacks….he’s dead last in yards per drop back. 

or we can go further than that if you’d like to, he’s the worst qb in modern NFL history and the stats actually back that up. 

he should’ve never been drafted first, all his problems showed up on tape to me when watching and I said as much during the offseason leading up to that draft. 

4 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Let’s put it this way…. 

he’s dead last in yards per drop back since 2011….out of 431 quarterbacks….he’s dead last in yards per drop back. 

or we can go further than that if you’d like to, he’s the worst qb in modern NFL history and the stats actually back that up. 

he should’ve never been drafted first, all his problems showed up on tape to me when watching and I said as much during the offseason leading up to that draft. 

And Baker had the second worst QBR ever since that stat became a thing during his stretch in Carolina, that doesn’t mean Baker was that bad. Stats without context mean nothing.

18 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

And Baker had the second worst QBR ever since that stat became a thing during his stretch in Carolina, that doesn’t mean Baker was that bad. Stats without context mean nothing.

My issues with Bryce go back to his college tape. He had happy feet then and led all draft eligible qb’s in an at fault sacks. His size and arm strength… I had him as my third rated qb and rated similar to Levis. 

I didn’t like him as a prospect and his nfl tape shows the same issues that his college tape shows.