• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich was an amazing head coach

fanpanther

47 minutes ago, bandu said:

i honestly think Reich would still be coaching the Panthers today if we had drafted CJ Stroud

I may get flamed for this, but I think Reich would still be here if Carolina had drafted Will Levis. He hasn’t proven anything yet, but 10x better than Bryce Young…and we wouldn’t have had to give up any draft picks.

Edited by SCO96

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not just Bryce. It's Tepper also nudging him on coaching hires, among other things.

We'll never know what could have been.

Tepper has to realize he needs to put someone known for building a team in charge of the major decisions for the team. HE IS THE PROBLEM!

• Flames 1

57 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Imagine the sinking feeling that Reich had when he came out to the first training camp practice and saw what he had at QB

That is what I said all last year when it came up. I said many times that Reich got here and then Bryce came and Reich quickly saw there was big trouble for him.
That is why things were total poo. 
He knew what would happen if Young was treated like a normal NFL QB. Because he isn’t and a NFL lifer that played the position would see it right away

1 hour ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Reich was pretty well respected in the league and with garbage QB play in Indy amassed a better win % than Fox, Rivera, and coaching legend Steve Wilks.

WOW!

Seriously though, well-respected doesn't mean you're a good HC. I always viewed Reich as an offensive version of Rivera. Rivera actually has a better win % than him. Reich only made the playoffs with Luck and Rivers (Rivers was obviously at the end of his career but still a legit above average starting QB) never with "garbage QB play." Look, don't get me wrong, Tepper made Reich's job here wayyyyyy harder, but Reich was never a great coach and it was so stupid to go with a retread hire at the time, especially him. 

• Beer 1