• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defense

Canales owes it to the defense to pull Bryce. Those guys are out there playing hard, competing, forcing turnovers, and risking their health and longevity in life, all for the ego of David Tepper. 

Canales needs to man up, tell Tepper that Bryce isn’t going to work, and pull him. It’s beyond the point of bad, it’s disrespectful to every other player on this team, their families, and their future selves. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Doc Holiday said:

Overly dramatic post here. But yeah Bryce is definitely not the answer. 

Think about it as if you’re on the defense. You’re playing, risking injury, and all for the ego of an owner who only seems to care about one player who very clearly needs to be benched. 

if I’m on defense, I may sit out future games. It’s a shame Derrick had to get hurt for this garbage. 

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Dalls is about to give up 42 to NO in 3 quarters so last week is not looking ridiculous.  They've forced 2 TOs, gave up some big plays, but they have played tough.

Interior OL has looked sharp, run game sharp, quarterback is trash.

The defense isn’t the issue and that’s my point. The Bryce experiment has failed, for now. He needs to be benched, and should have been benched last year. The Patriots are sitting Drake Maye who will likely be miles ahead of where Bryce was at this time last year. Why can’t the Panthers do that? 

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

The defense isn’t the issue and that’s my point. The Bryce experiment has failed, for now. He needs to be benched, and should have been benched last year. The Patriots are sitting Drake Maye who will likely be miles ahead of where Bryce was at this time last year. Why can’t the Panthers do that? 

Yeah I'm agreeing.

22 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Defense looks like poo too!?!? They couldn’t stop my great granny on her rascal!

Bro, they gave up 26 points with an offense that can’t even get to midfield. This is a complementary sport and holding a team to 26 points when your offense can’t do anything, at all, is not that bad. 

Canales runs the risk of losing the locker room if he doesn’t make a change. At some point you question “why even try?” I know we talk about integrity and accountability but that street only goes so far unless it’s reciprocated. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Bro, they gave up 26 points with an offense that can’t even get to midfield. This is a complementary sport and holding a team to 26 points when your offense can’t do anything, at all, is not that bad. 

Canales runs the risk of losing the locker room if he doesn’t make a change. At some point you question “why even try?” I know we talk about integrity and accountability but that street only goes so far unless it’s reciprocated. 

They allowed over 200 yards rushing and made Johnson look all pro. C’mon man

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The entire organization outside of Tepper deserves to see what we can do with Dalton. You have vets busting their asses and having their efforts wasted. You have young players playing for future contracts. You have low level roster guys trying to stay in the NFL. You have coaches who would like to earn promotions one day. Scouts trying to keep jobs or climb the ladder. None of these people are being given the opportunity to have their work be fairly evaluated.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Drake Maye has physical talent. 

I’d drop the “for now” regarding Bryce. He’s done. 

17 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

They allowed over 200 yards rushing and made Johnson look all pro. C’mon man

That’s what happens when you’re on the field twice as long as the offense is. Do you expect them to keep it a 6-0 game just so Bryce can maybe throw enough jump slants to get to the end zone?

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The entire organization outside of Tepper deserves to see what we can do with Dalton. You have vets busting their asses and having their efforts wasted. You have young players playing for future contracts. You have low level roster guys trying to stay in the NFL. You have coaches who would like to earn promotions one day. Scouts trying to keep jobs or climb the ladder. None of these people are being given the opportunity to have their work be fairly evaluated.

There has to be a lot of talking in the corners. There is no way people aren’t looking at each other and saying this. As an organization, if this weren’t football, employees would begin looking for a way out. 

bryce has to jump to throw slant routes FFS and he is constantly late on those

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

That’s what happens when you’re on the field twice as long as the offense is. Do you expect them to keep it a 6-0 game just so Bryce can maybe throw enough jump slants to get to the end zone?

Chargers scored their first possession. Before Bryce sorry ass even touched the field.