• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Young the worst #1 pick in NFL history?

BIGH2001

10 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I'm just stunned that he's somehow regressed from last season.  He can barely complete a downfield pass other than a quick slant to Thielen.  

There is no way he's making it through this season.  We are done here.

Making him start again next week almost feels like they are punishing him now.

He clearly has no confidence, if he ever had it. He is obviously not able to be an nfl starter at this point and I think he now knows it. You can see it in his eyes.

I'm not sure what Dave's plan is at this point or that he has better option available, but he needs to put us and Bryce out of our misery. He needs figure out some kind of plan B that has Young sitting out a few games at minimum. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Making him start again next week almost feels like they are punishing him now.

He clearly has no confidence, if he ever had it. He is obviously not able to be an nfl starter at this point and I think he now knows it. You can see it in his eyes.

I'm not sure what Dave's plan is at this point or that he has better option available, but he needs to put us and Bryce out of our misery. He needs figure out some kind of plan B that has Young sitting out a few games at minimum. 

Right?

Thing is, benching 1.01 after 18 games is a death knell.  So when it happens, he's straight up done.  Could be done in the NFL all together.  I don't see how any team would even want to pick him up next year coing off what we've seen.  

I realistically see 1-2 more weeks if this continues.  He legit may have about 2 games max left in this league.  

He is currently 2-17 as a starting QB.   This is unbearable.  

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, BamaFan said:

Man I saw this coming from a million miles away. The only reason this kid was even relevant at the college level was because of the receivers and backs he threw the ball to at Alabama. We were loaded the 2 years Bryce started and he still couldn’t win a national championship. The only reason is arm strength the 2 years he started at Bama his completion percentage for balls thrown farther than 20 yards down the field was awful. Defenses we plaid usually would not put a safety much deeper than 10 yards because they knew there was no threat of a deep ball. I was never a fan

That is exactly what we have been seeing for over a year. 

5 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Is it even close? I guess you could argue Jamarcus Russell but at least he had size and a strong arm so you could make a case why he might go that high. Bryce has neither. Historically awful selection. 

The only reason JaMarcus I'd ever even mentioned is because he was the biggest intentional dumbass ever.  He has admitted since in interviews that he just didn't care at the time.  He essentially "made it" and put it in cruise control - relying on his God-given talent and ability without putting in any prep work, while also not mature enough to navigate organizational dysfunction at the time...  but if you watched him, there were games where you could absolutely see his potential to fuging dominate and take over games.  He just didn't care enough or take pride in the position he was in at the time.  But in terms of talent and ability, he absolutely deserved to be a #1 overall pick.  Hard to tell how guys are gonna react once they get there...

Bryce?  Has the ability and talent of some huddlers, and clearly lacks the processing ability that was overhyped and overvalued in the draft process.  He has a zero of a fraction of the talent and ability past #1s had.  He could be fuging Albert Einstein of quarterbacking and he still couldn't execute the poo physically because he is at such a deficit.  And for that reason..

ABSOLUTELY YES, HE IS THE WORST #1 OVERALL PICK, AND THATS EVEN BEFORE CONSIDERING WHAT WE GAVE UP TO TRADE UP TO TAKE HIM.  And I've been saying this since last season.  Our franchise honestly deserves to implode on itself after this fuging trainwreck.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Is it even close? I guess you could argue Jamarcus Russell but at least he had size and a strong arm so you could make a case why he might go that high. Bryce has neither. Historically awful selection. 

The only reason JaMarcus is ever even mentioned is because he was the biggest intentional dumbass ever.  He has admitted since in interviews that he just didn't care at the time.  He essentially "made it" and put it in cruise control - relying on his God-given talent and ability without putting in any prep work, while also not mature enough to navigate organizational dysfunction at the time...  but if you watched him, there were games where you could absolutely see his potential to fuging dominate and take over games.  He just didn't care enough or take pride in the position he was in at the time.  But in terms of talent and ability, he absolutely deserved to be a #1 overall pick.  Hard to tell how guys are gonna react once they get there...

Bryce?  Has the ability and talent of some huddlers, and clearly lacks the processing ability that was overhyped and overvalued in the draft process.  He has a zero of a fraction of the talent and ability past #1s had.  He could be fuging Albert Einstein of quarterbacking and he still couldn't execute the poo physically because he is at such a deficit.  And for that reason..

ABSOLUTELY YES, HE IS THE WORST #1 OVERALL PICK, AND THATS EVEN BEFORE CONSIDERING WHAT WE GAVE UP TO TRADE UP TO TAKE HIM.  And I've been saying this since last season.  Our franchise honestly deserves to implode on itself after this fuging trainwreck.

• Beer 1