• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Young the worst #1 pick in NFL history?

BIGH2001

12 minutes ago, MRenshaw said:

Objectively speaking, the answer is without a doubt a resounding yes. Anyone who doesn't think so is grossly uninformed, or delusional, or just trolling.

He should have been a day two or three afterthought. A flyer. That is all he was worth. 
I took him off my board no lie. 

edit: okay that was a lie.  I didn’t have a board. But he would have never made it to it if I did. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

I got dunked on last year for asking if this was the worst trade of all time. It's already bad. And the funny thing is it's not done yet. We STILL have a second round pick coming up that we gave up for Bryce. 

I was with you. I laid out in detail how bad trading up was for the team and that drafting a 1st round champion QB to build around is a rarity. Only contending teams can afford to plug and play 1st round QBs.

Bryce is definitely the worst QB value taken at #1 in the modern draft. JaMarcus Russell was likely worse as a QB.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Hogan said:

Oakland was 2-14 in 2006, earning the first pick in the 2007 draft. Thus, they gave nothing away to get Russell. The Panthers traded the ninth pick in the 2023 draft AND their best receiver, D.J. Moore to get Young.

WOW!

Clearly the worst piick in NFL history. 

And passed on Stroud.

Man I saw this coming from a million miles away. The only reason this kid was even relevant at the college level was because of the receivers and backs he threw the ball to at Alabama. We were loaded the 2 years Bryce started and he still couldn’t win a national championship. The only reason is arm strength the 2 years he started at Bama his completion percentage for balls thrown farther than 20 yards down the field was awful. Defenses we plaid usually would not put a safety much deeper than 10 yards because they knew there was no threat of a deep ball. I was never a fan