• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Young the worst #1 pick in NFL history?

BIGH2001

35 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Yes he is, even though I hesitated because the NFL has a long history and I don't recall all the picks.

Then I realized that the long history doesn't matter because in the olden days, all they used were their eyes to make the pick. Eventually they got to scales and rulers and should have stopped there and even then they maybe went too far.

Football is not a scholars game for MIT students. Never has been, never will be. The only numbers that matter are the jerseys and the score. Teams keep outsmarting themselves with all this data and ignore their eyes.

Back to basics. Biggest, strongest, fastest. That's it. Processors are overrated...this is football, not physics.

I'd argue the processors do matter, but that means you first need great to elite PHYSICAL skills in addition to make it worth what we paid.  Bust Young has none of those traits, and even his "super-processor" seems to be mid.

Considering this, I agree 100% that he is the worst 1st overall pick in pro SPORTS history.  He literally cannot do anything required to play his position in the league.

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

I got dunked on last year for asking if this was the worst trade of all time. It's already bad. And the funny thing is it's not done yet. We STILL have a second round pick coming up that we gave up for Bryce. 

Me too. You could not speak truth without getting hammered. 
Like the rest of life nowadays. 

30 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I bet Young regrets adding weight and not throwing at the combine. He would have fell in the draft but not ended up as the biggest bust in sports history.  

He didn't "add weight".  He bloated up on water and wore elevator shoes.  He was too damn scared to compete and show he was worthy of the #1 pick and we bought it.

• Pie 1

Without doubt the worst.

Reason: relinquished the #1 overall pick and the 2023 costs. As a player, it's a crap shoot, but it may go down as the worst ever just as a player without any of the other circumstances around the pick. He may not make it to a 3rd season on as active roster guy and likely out of the league! Why out of the league, cause he needs to tank this to the max for this year so he can secure #1 overall in back to back years, which would cement his lock on worst of all time.

And do I hate it for him, not a bit. He's making so much $ regardless, that puts him into wealth class that is self sustaining as long as he doesn't screw up. For being the worst pick ever, one of the worst NFL QBs ever, yeah, lots of folks would take that. Lucky bust.

Oakland was 2-14 in 2006, earning the first pick in the 2007 draft. Thus, they gave nothing away to get Russell. The Panthers traded the ninth pick in the 2023 draft AND their best receiver, D.J. Moore to get Young.

WOW!

Clearly the worst piick in NFL history.