• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need to Trade Thielen

tukafan21

He's a player who can help a contending franchise right now, I'm sure there are a number of teams that would give up a mid round pick for him to help them make a run this year.

We need more draft assets anyways and he's just going to be wasted here the rest of this year and likely not be brought back next year anyways, get something for him while we can.

• Pie 2

Just now, electro's horse said:

Absolutely. 

he can still play. He’s clearly done with this and I don’t blame him. Worst of all he was the company guy for the press on Bryce. 

he’s had it and wants out and he’s right to want it. 

Yep, off the top of my head there are a number of teams I think could be interested and would give up like a 4th rounder for him

Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles, Lions, and probably a few others would love to get a steady slot presence like him.

I'd make this move first thing tomorrow if I'm the FO

Just now, Car123 said:

Stop gifting away our good players.

This. That thinking is the reason we don't have Moore, CMC and Burns. This isn't MLB where you can be savvy picking up AAA prospects for the future. This is a 53 man squad. And eventually you need to realize you have to hold onto the talent you have. 

1 minute ago, Car123 said:

This isn't DJ or CMC, he's 34 and won't be on the roster next season, what good is he doing on this team when he could bring us back a mid round pick from a contender wanting to make a run this year?

I'd literally take a 7th rounder for him at this point just because it's something, which is better than the nothing we'll get in return for him being a cap cut this offseason.

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, Car123 said:

This is way different. 

Thielen is a veteran who wants to win. He’s a respected player. 

he’s not going to be on this team the next time they’re good. He probably won’t even be in the league.

not only is it just the right thing to do if he wants out, it sends a message to the rest of the league. 

if he requests a trade (lol) panthers have to honor it. 

• Pie 1

Just now, electro's horse said:

This is way different. 

Thielen is a veteran who wants to win. He’s a respected player. 

he’s not going to be on this team the next time they’re good. He probably won’t even be in the league.

not only is it just the right thing to do if he wants out, it sends a message to the rest of the league. 

if he requests a trade (lol) panthers have to honor it. 

Only if he requests. No giving away our players for the hell of it.

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Yeah I’d send him anywhere he wants to go. Back to MN would be fun for all involved. Get a 3rd or 4th round pick back 

Well the Vikings aren't a team who will give up a solid pick for him, but I think there are numerous teams with SB aspirations that could want him.

Top 2 that come to mind for me are KC and Philly, particularly with KC losing Hollywood for the year this week and the AJ Brown currently banged up for the Eagles too.

Both teams who are in win now mode, I think one of them could give up somewhere in the 3-5 round range, depending if there are multiple suitors and can get someone to bid up for him.