• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So… will it be Dalton or Plummer?

Gapanthersfan

Getting the first pick allowed us to choose the worst #1 pick in draft history. What indication have we seen that suggests a better decision will be made this go round.  If anything, this org would be much less likely to do something dumb with pick 12 and get someone who makes sense for a team in our current position. 

2 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

Dalton is good enough to play us right out of the 1st pick lol

Possibly but I think there would be benefit in seeing how our skill players/oline and even D look when the QB play is even average. We can’t really evaluate the other players cause he’s so bad. If it’s a “bad” QB class without a clear cut number one, risking falling back a few slots doesn’t hurt as much. We might have filled some gaps in the roster but hard to know watching DeBarge Fubar everything 

30 minutes ago, Buster Bryce said:

We can't evaluate anything on the team because Young is that garbage. Some QB's make everyone better, Young makes everyone worse .. he even effects the defense.

I absolutely agree. We have young players in Leggette, Mingo and Sanders, we have to have someone to distribute the ball to see what we got. 

The 2:00 drive shows Canales does not have trust in Young. Run plays and short plays to prevent another turnover. I question the last timeout as there was no way we were converting a 3rd and 15. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm fuging sick of this "get the first pick" bullshit garbage. Win some fuging games, fug picking order. Losers pick first and I am sick of the loser mentality.

Bench PeeWee, try and get some sense of self worth back and at least fuging try to win.

So you'd rather win pointless games in a meaningless season with players who won't be on this team in 2 years instead just so you can feel some self worth as a fan?

THAT is the loser mentality, it's not being able to stomach the bad times for the long term betterment of your favorite team because you're just sick of the losing.

I will die on this hill until my last breath, fans who can't root for their team to lose when it's in the best interest of the franchise are the worst type of fans and NOT real fans.  Real fans can remove their feelings from the situation and root for what actually will help their team improve.

Firing Rhule and going on that run 2 years ago is LITERALLY why we're in this situation right now.  It forced us to make a absurdly stupid trade to move up in the draft (taking the wrong guy just compounded the issue).  

And outside of the draft pick issue, how did winning those games help this franchise?  Are the players who sparked that run better off for it?  Hell no, most of them aren't even still on the roster anyways.  Do you feel better as a fan right now because we won those games down the stretch that year?  Does it still give you all the warm fuzzy feelings inside right now?

Had we just stuck it out with Rhule, sucked the rest of the year and ended up with the #1 pick, even if we took Bryce, we'd have kept DJ and the rest of our picks and already been in a better position right now because we'd have had our own pick in the draft this year to replace Bryce already (not to mention the rest of the picks we'd have kept too).

I root for the Panthers franchise, not the 2024 Panthers.  

And rooting for the Panthers franchise right now is hoping we continue to lose, period.

You know the last time we embraced the suck as a Franchise?

2010, and it got us Cam in the end.  But sure, let's keep hoping we win meaningless games and continue to put ourselves in this same position year in and year out.

Edited by tukafan21

30 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Wish they’d just come out and say what everyone already knows. Bryce isn’t cut out for this league. Should have saved our picks and drafted CJ. 

Not sure what delaying the inevitable is doing except costing us more time, money, and sanity.

There is z-e-r-o, nada, GOOD reason to have Bryce continue to play. He’s going to end up getting our o line injured because of the stunts and double teams they will have to deal with on every single play. 

12 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm fuging sick of this "get the first pick" bullshit garbage. Win some fuging games, fug picking order. Losers pick first and I am sick of the loser mentality.

Bench PeeWee, try and get some sense of self worth back and at least fuging try to win.

Yeah, the getting the first pick rarely works anyway. Not one of the top five qb's in the NFL was a number one pick.  It worked for us with Cam, but I think we do the best we can, and take our chances with QB's.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

I'm torn. I can't stand to watch Young play anymore but unless he's having a mental breakdown it doesn't make sense to take him out now. 

What a disaster. The only thing I get right about football was the suspicion that Bryce Young would be a failure when everyone was forcing him down our throats.

Still hoping for a miracle 😆