• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chargers at Panthers Game Thread

Bear Hands

1 minute ago, strato said:

You ought to know by now they aren’t trying to hit him in practice. He looks basically, like he can throw those deep balls - maybe even over 20 yards - in a red jersey. 
Any ball he throws downfield you really don’t know if it went where he wanted it to, or was random happenings, when it came down near a WR. 

They didn't hit him much in either game.  I know Bryce got sacked once by Bosa, and that was with Bryce on the move.  I watched the Aints Cowgals second half, so I don't know much about the second half of our game.  

8 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I heard the radio team (Jake Delhomme mainly) say that Young practiced well.  I have heard that many times about Bryce.  I guess the old saying, you play how you practice is not always true.  

Does well against backups in Buffalo and practices where he can’t get hit. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

I was not sold on Bryce after his pro day. When he threw that jump throw for 60 yards and still overthrew his receiver. I was standing there watching that and I said to myself, “This is a joke, right?”. I was convinced after that that we would absolutely draft CJ Stroud. I was absolutely puzzled when folks kept celebrating the fact that we would likely draft Bryce.

I said the exact same and the interview by Steve Smith felt like Tepper paid Smith or pushed Steve to hype him up!!

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

I was not sold on Bryce after his pro day. When he threw that jump throw for 60 yards and still overthrew his receiver. I was standing there watching that and I said to myself, “This is a joke, right?”. I was convinced after that that we would absolutely draft CJ Stroud. I was absolutely puzzled when folks kept celebrating the fact that we would likely draft Bryce.

You...me...same. I just hoped for the best and tried to support the pick.

Now? Pain.......

• Beer 1

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

They didn't hit him much in either game.  I know Bryce got sacked once by Bosa, and that was with Bryce on the move.  I watched the Aints Cowgals second half, so I don't know much about the second half of our game.  

They don’t have to hit for him to be aware they are trying to. He folds. 
I did not know he would do that, it is just one of those Bryce surprises. I fuging knew he couldn’t compete in the league but I didn’t know he was afraid. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

And at 8:30 we get to watch two QB’s we easily could have had - face off against each other.

CJ vs Caleb

Fwiw, I think I would rather have Jayden Daniels than Caleb.  He certainly looks good today.  

We definitely missed on Stroud.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 1

I can see Tepper and the organization doubling down on playing Bryce Young. I think personal ego will come to play here. They will not want to admit they were wrong about Bryce Young.

If it would me, I would go ahead and start Dalton next game. But I doubt that happens so I would not be surprised to see Bryce Young play throughout this year.

playing Andy Dalton for the next few games does not mean that Bryce Young is done at the organization.  But as of right now, the team needs a spark. The team seems to be demoralized.