• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They are rebuilding

Jmac

14 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

They've already done that, they've brought in dawgs remember. 

No they did the same thing they always have which is keep some poop around and then be surprised when they create another crap sandwich.

He wasn't even brought in, he helped build last year's failure.

11 minutes ago, Mage said:

The rebuild doesn't start until 2025.

What we're seeing now isn't a rebuild, it is the end result of years and years of disastrous decision-making.  Ain't nothing to build with this unit.  Most of these players don't belong on an NFL roster.

we need draft capital upon draft capital in the next 2 years with our cap looking like poo as it is

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

we need draft capital upon draft capital in the next 2 years with our cap looking like poo as it is

We need a miracle.  There is just about no way to fix this in a year or two.

If you want a timeline, look at the late 2000s Rams.  That is the team I keep comparing us to.  Very talent devoid, nothing to build upon.  It was a miracle that team didn't go winless in 2008 or 2009.  Everyone focuses on how bad the Lions were but IMO the Rams were just as bad, if not worse.

It took that team a long time to bounce back.  The best thing for the Panthers to do is to stay patient and don't make any rash decisions to try and compete.  This is why I feel strongly we shouldn't take a QB #1 next year.  I understand that for fan morale, you can't have Bryce return as the starter uncontested, but it really might be the best decision long-term for the team.  Let Bryce guide us to as many top 5 picks as we need.  Arch Manning 2026.

1 minute ago, Mage said:

We need a miracle.  There is just about no way to fix this in a year or two.

If you want a timeline, look at the late 2000s Rams.  That is the team I keep comparing us to.  Very talent devoid, nothing to build upon.  It was a miracle that team didn't go winless in 2008 or 2009.  Everyone focuses on how bad the Lions were but IMO the Rams were just as bad, if not worse.

It took that team a long time to bounce back.  The best thing for the Panthers to do is to stay patient and don't make any rash decisions to try and compete.  This is why I feel strongly we shouldn't take a QB #1 next year.  I understand that for fan morale, you can't have Bryce return as the starter uncontested, but it really might be the best decision long-term for the team.  Let Bryce guide us to as many top 5 picks as we need.  Arch Manning 2026.

I know what you are saying in theory, but if Bryce gets us #1 and they try and trot him out there for year 3 it would be chaos.  Literally an empty stadium and fans wouldnt come back.  You have to trade him for pennies on the dollar, he simply cannot be on your roster come year 3.  You sign a vet and hopefully trade down.

But brother Arch manning is never coming here to play as a panther.  Get that out of your head.  Its just not ever going to happen

1 minute ago, strato said:

We are paying him too much to send him home and pay someone else to be the number two.

You bring in a young guy, give Bryce the clipboard. You know how bad that guy would have to suck to have fans calling for the backup? heh this poo is s bad it is funny. 

he cannot be on your roster if he leads you to two straight top 3 picks

• Beer 1