• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They are rebuilding

Jmac

If they had anymore JAG's (and less than JAG's) on this team, they wouldn't be able to field a team. How low do you want them to go? People want them to rebuild, well starting from rock bottom is "rebuilding".

The only true and proven player is done for the season. They traded all the real talent away. I'd say with the lack of talent on this team it's a rebuild and not a retool.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

They also need to rebuild the culture since all these people know how to do is lose. That building needs an enema and the Tepper's need a manager to run their team so they can show up for photo ops and cash checks.  Burn it all down and treat it like an expansion team I guess. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Jmac said:

If they had anymore JAG's (and less than JAG's) on this team, they wouldn't be able to field a team. How low do you want them to go? People want them to rebuild, well starting from rock bottom is "rebuilding".

The only true and proven player is done for the season. They traded all the real talent away. I'd say with the lack of talent on this team it's a rebuild and not a retool.

Nice edit I was confused on your original post.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

They also need to rebuild the culture since all these people know how to do is lose. That building needs an enema and the Tepper's need a manager to run their team so they can show up for photo ops and cash checks.  Burn it all down and treat it like an expansion team I guess. 

They don't need to do anything.

The problem is Tepper doesn't need to be making decisions. It doesn't matter if we rebuild he will still make terrible decisions that will cost us in the short and long-term.

Y'all want the #1 pick yet Tepper will be in charge of selecting the QB. He doesn't know football. He shouldn't be making decisions on anything.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

They don't need to do anything.

The problem is Tepper doesn't need to be making decisions. It doesn't matter if we rebuild he will still make terrible decisions that will cost us in the short and long-term.

Y'all want the #1 pick yet Tepper will be in charge of selecting the QB. He doesn't know football. He shouldn't be making decisions on anything.

They need someone to run the team for them. Unfortunately that means he still needs to make 1 hire which is something he hasn't yet done well.

That entire organization should be blown up. They keep reshuffling the deck chairs and nothing changes.

All I can think of is they hire a good consultant who makes the hires and the Teepers get to sign a contract that blocks them from being hands on. In reality they will continue to drive the team into the ground but that's all I have at turning this away from what they built.

I think they know the roster isn’t winning now. They drafted like they know it’s a tear down and build up.  XL is not a polished year 1 player. Brooks was never intended to be a key piece this season coming off injury.

This off season they got an upbeat energetic young coach. They got Brandt Tillis from a winning organization to work with Dan to tear it down and build it up.

The sad question is how much leash Tepper gives them. Bryce is gonna play this year out but is Tepper willing to call it a sunk cost and move on at years end?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Icy89 said:

I think they know the roster isn’t winning now. They drafted like they know it’s a tear down and build up.  XL is not a polished year 1 player. Brooks was never intended to be a key piece this season coming off injury.

This off season they got an upbeat energetic young coach. They got Brandt Tillis from a winning organization to work with Dan to tear it down and build it up.

The sad question is how much leash Tepper gives them. Bryce is gonna play this year out but is Tepper willing to call it a sunk cost and move on at years end?

I am willing to be patient with the coaching staff and Morgan because yep they are not playing to the scoreboard so much as the drawing board. 
I do need to see a reason other than tanking to send Young out there if he doesn’t start getting better results. I don’t mean wins, just helping rather than dragging it down. 

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

I think most of us saw it as rebuilding.  I would love to come out with win after win but that's impossible when you have the talent we do.  They have potential but that's what you look for in a rebuild.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

They've already done that, they've brought in dawgs remember. 

• Beer 1