• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 words Travis Hunter

CamWhoaaCam

On 9/14/2024 at 11:22 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Drafting Hunter doesn't rule us out of getting a QB later in the draft or FA or trade.

We need a dynamic player someone who will make watching Panthers games exciting again.

Also let’s be real what QB isn't an upgrade over Bryce right now? We automatically get better by moving on from Bryce.

I would consider Nussmeir, Sanders, and the dude at Syracuse to likely be at the top. I do not want Beck, at all. He is on the most talented team in the country and is dragging them down. 

If we pick Top 10, and not number one, I may be good with taking Cam Ward. However I have the same concerns about him that I did about Bryce, that he is a one read and scramble QB that relies on his athleticism to buy time in college because that will not translate to the NFL. 

Nussmeier is the real deal though. He reads defenses, he calls out protections, runs a pro style offense that uses pro style route treees, has a great arm, etc.

Id also want a look at Joey Aguilar out of App State around the 4th or 5th round. Joey has a rocket and makes throws with timing and anticipation, often getting to his 3rd and check down read before he ever thinks about running, despite being a 4.6 40 type of player. 

49 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I would consider Nussmeir, Sanders, and the dude at Syracuse to likely be at the top. I do not want Beck, at all. He is on the most talented team in the country and is dragging them down. 

If we pick Top 10, and not number one, I may be good with taking Cam Ward. However I have the same concerns about him that I did about Bryce, that he is a one read and scramble QB that relies on his athleticism to buy time in college because that will not translate to the NFL. 

Nussmeier is the real deal though. He reads defenses, he calls out protections, runs a pro style offense that uses pro style route treees, has a great arm, etc.

Id also want a look at Joey Aguilar out of App State around the 4th or 5th round. Joey has a rocket and makes throws with timing and anticipation, often getting to his 3rd and check down read before he ever thinks about running, despite being a 4.6 40 type of player. 

I like Cam Ward i think he will be the best QB in this draft.

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

I think Sanders is going to end up as the best QB. Maybe I'm bias because he's the QB I have watched the most , but this kid is legit. If he's showing signs of elite level QB with a bad Oline imagine if he actually gets protection. That Colorado Oline is atrocious. Every time he gets hit he just jumps back up and keeps balling. He may be a diva off the field, but I haven't seen a tougher QB in college football than Sanders.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I think Sanders is going to end up as the best QB. Maybe I'm bias because he's the QB I have watched the most , but this kid is legit. If he's showing signs of elite level QB with a bad Oline imagine if he actually gets protection. That Colorado Oline is atrocious. Every time he gets hit he just jumps back up and keeps balling. He may be a diva off the field, but I haven't seen a tougher QB in college football than Sanders.

You’re right about Sanders. I get CJ vibes from him. He gets sacked so often because he literally sits in the pocket to wait for routes to develop, he makes timing throws, he goes through multiple full field reads, and he’s been trained by one of the best defensive players in NFL History his whole life. 

If there is anyone that could come in and already know offensive concepts, protections, and defenses, it’s Sanders. He has a much stronger arm than people give him credit for and I’d love to have him here. 

Another thing he would bring, swagger. Look, I’ll be honest, I’m a 33 year old white dude who grew up in a very white area. Some of us can carry some swagger but usually it’s in an understated, sort of confident way. That doesn’t sell tickets or excitement but it does generate a quiet confidence in the teams ability. This franchise needs a spark. It needs excitement. It needs the bright, loud, swagger of a Sanders. 

We need that self assured nature that when someone questions it, you just roll your eyes. When someone says “y’all are too loud”, we say to “sit back and enjoy the show”. I think Sanders would provide that. He’s his own brand and it’s a lot like basketball, in a way. I think that’s what the Panthers need. 

Fortunately, Sanders has the on field abilities to back up that swagger he carries. The leadership would be infectious and I think his drive to succeed is huge. 

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

I like Cam Ward i think he will be the best QB in this draft.

Nah. That will likely go to Sanders. Can Ward has the Bryce problem, he is one read then scramble drill. He’s not reading defenses, he’s not going full field reads, and that’s what the issue with Bryce is now. 

Sanders, on the other hand, is making full field reads, standing in the pocket, making timing throw, reading defenses, calling protections and audibles, and he’s been around NFL guys his whole life. To add to that, he has all of the physical tools you want. Dude throws the ball 60 yards on a rope, has a great deep ball, and he and Hunter are the primary reason Colorado isn’t 2-10 or 3-9.

Ward is what makes Miami go but he’s a 2nd round pick, in my opinion. He’s playing in a basic offense and relies on his athleticism to play outside of the framework of the offense.  

17 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You’re right about Sanders. I get CJ vibes from him. He gets sacked so often because he literally sits in the pocket to wait for routes to develop, he makes timing throws, he goes through multiple full field reads, and he’s been trained by one of the best defensive players in NFL History his whole life. 

If there is anyone that could come in and already know offensive concepts, protections, and defenses, it’s Sanders. He has a much stronger arm than people give him credit for and I’d love to have him here. 

Another thing he would bring, swagger. Look, I’ll be honest, I’m a 33 year old white dude who grew up in a very white area. Some of us can carry some swagger but usually it’s in an understated, sort of confident way. That doesn’t sell tickets or excitement but it does generate a quiet confidence in the teams ability. This franchise needs a spark. It needs excitement. It needs the bright, loud, swagger of a Sanders. 

We need that self assured nature that when someone questions it, you just roll your eyes. When someone says “y’all are too loud”, we say to “sit back and enjoy the show”. I think Sanders would provide that. He’s his own brand and it’s a lot like basketball, in a way. I think that’s what the Panthers need. 

Fortunately, Sanders has the on field abilities to back up that swagger he carries. The leadership would be infectious and I think his drive to succeed is huge. 

I dont see anyway that deion allows his son to come here

same for the Mannings   Now if this team improves without young and Canales delivers something, story changes 

until then 

carolina is known as a QB killer 

was reading some  of the things Minnesota’s HC does for it’s young qb and now darnold and it is innovative  and it appears galaxies beyond what we think is done here 

if i see the link,  Ill share it

Edited by raleigh-panther