• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 words Travis Hunter

CamWhoaaCam

53 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If Bryce continues to suck and we land the #1 overall pick, can you imagine Panther nation if they drafted a CB/WR hybrid and not an Edge or QB?  If they said, "Oh, we are getting a QB and edge, just not right now--later in the draft.  By the way, PSLs go on sale today!!" 

At this point I definitely would want to trade down and take an edge.  Maybe try for a QB later.  We really need one of the QBs to dominate so someone wants to move up

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

At this point I definitely would want to trade down and take an edge.  Maybe try for a QB later.  We really need one of the QBs to dominate so someone wants to move up

If one of them dominates and looks like that dude then take him. If there's a QB that has competent non-Tepper led organizations trying to trade up for him we need to take him. Sucks for that kid but we gotta do what we gotta do.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Writing off Shedeur because you think his dad won't let him come here but somehow thinking the manning family would allow Archie to come here is crazy work. Especially considering it literally aint even the mannings first rodeo at doing some shady stuff like that. I don't get some of yall but okay.  lmaoo 

You preaching the truth brotha!

Absolutely not

If he comes in as a WR, as I've said a million times, he has no business being taken before T-Mac or Burden

And if he comes in as a CB, assuming Horn makes it through the season, we have too many holes to take a 2nd elite CB, even if it would set us up with a great secondary.

Not to mention the kid is going to be a diva and a problem in the NFL if/when things aren't going well, that's the M.O. of these Deion players.  Put him on our garbage franchise and he's going to cause problems and be a distraction before his rookie deal is even up.

He is a generational college player because of his two way ability, stop falling for that hype, it's literally what has us in this mess right now by the front office falling for Bryce's college hype, not everything at that level translates to the NFL, especially when you're talking about an undersized college player.

I've been a Panthers fan for 3 decades, if we pass up a talent like T-Mac (or Burden) to take a college hype machine over them, it's the type of thing that could push me away from this franchise when it inevitably blows up in their faces.

Edited by tukafan21

5 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Absolutely not

If he comes in as a WR, as I've said a million times, he has no business being taken before T-Mac or Burden

And if he comes in as a CB, assuming Horn makes it through the season, we have too many holes to take a 2nd elite CB, even if it would set us up with a great secondary.

Not to mention the kid is going to be a diva and a problem in the NFL if/when things aren't going well, that's the M.O. of these Deion players.  Put him on our garbage franchise and he's going to cause problems and be a distraction before his rookie deal is even up.

He is a generational college player because of his two way ability, stop falling for that hype, it's literally what has us in this mess right now by the front office falling for Bryce's college hype, not everything at that level translates to the NFL, especially when you're talking about an undersized college player.

I've been a Panthers fan for 3 decades, if we pass up a talent like T-Mac (or Burden) to take a college hype machine over them, it's the type of thing that could push me away from this franchise when it inevitably blows up in their faces.

Oh, and if he even tries to say he's going to be a 2 way player in the NFL, that's a SERIOUS red flag about him being a diva who is going to think he's the main character in everything he does.

Yes, someone like him COULD play a few specialized snaps on offense here or there if he is a CB, but not full time, not at this level in today's NFL, it's just not happening.

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Absolutely not

He has 100 yards receiving and 2 TDs while also having a INT on defense and returning it 38 yards.

I like Tmac to, but if Hunter is on the board I'm taking him first. 

You don't see his potential at WR because he's not really committed. Imagine when he gets a set position and actually has time to rest on the bench.

Hunter is legit WR or DB.

16 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He has 100 yards receiving and 2 TDs while also having a INT on defense and returning it 38 yards.

I like Tmac to, but if Hunter is on the board I'm taking him first. 

You don't see his potential at WR because he's not really committed. Imagine when he gets a set position and actually has time to rest on the bench.

Hunter is legit WR or DB.

It’ e never once said he doesn’t have potential, I’m saying he over hyped because of his two way ability in college

his floor and ceiling as a WR are both lower than both T-Mac and Burden, period.

There is a difference between being an elite college player and superstar potential in the NFL, we’re literally watching it right now with Bryce.

And again, he’s a freaking diva amongst divas, he’s the worst type of player to add to the disaster that is this franchise right now.

30 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

It’ e never once said he doesn’t have potential, I’m saying he over hyped because of his two way ability in college

his floor and ceiling as a WR are both lower than both T-Mac and Burden, period.

There is a difference between being an elite college player and superstar potential in the NFL, we’re literally watching it right now with Bryce.

And again, he’s a freaking diva amongst divas, he’s the worst type of player to add to the disaster that is this franchise right now.

You don't make any sense bro.

So you saying the elite 2 way player is not better then Tmac/Burden because he doesn't play the position full time?

It's like you're punishing him for being elite at both positions lmao.

Hunter will be drafted before both I stand by that.

3 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Absolutely not

What makes him a diva?

The guy who blindsided him with a dirty hit he invited him over to talk about it and they became friends.

You giving diva attitude with your childish responses. Nobody said Tmac wasn't deserving as a top pick. In fact he's 2nd on my board thanks to you mentioning him.

Chill bro this just conversation.

25 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You don't make any sense bro.

So you saying the elite 2 way player is not better then Tmac/Burden because he doesn't play the position full time?

It's like you're punishing him for being elite at both positions lmao.

Hunter will be drafted before both I stand by that.

It's not punishing him, it's predicting who will be a better pro based on their overall profile and traits for the position.

There is a reason almost every NFL expert says he's likely to be a CB in the NFL, as it's his better position.  The thing that could change that is the money and prestige that comes with being a WR over a CB, but if he does that, he's not getting drafted over either of those other guys.

Yes, he'll still be a 1st rounder, yes he'll still be a very good to great NFL WR, but he's just not as good of a prospect at the position as the other two, and that's not a knock on him, it's praise of the other two.

You can't seem to separate those two things because you always have and always will live in this Madden fantasy world, where hype and flash mean more to you than real life on field football.