• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 words Travis Hunter

CamWhoaaCam

15 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Beck. Beck. Beck.

No seriously--I was predicting what THEY will do.

The trade back is not a bad idea for this very point.  As of right now, I see the three everyone talks about in the top 10, but neither in the top 5. Sanders is very tempting, but under pressure from Nebraska, he looked mortal. He needs a clean pocket, but when he has it, he is deadly.  Is he an NFL QB?  probably.  Ewers?  I like his mental toughness, but he and Beck are mid first rounders right now.  I also see several QBs who, by the end of the season, could be in the first round talk.  If these develop into viable options, I think we trade back and take a Milroe, Dart, Ward, etc.  I like Dart right now, but his decision-making is bad at times--Canales could fix that.   I am really watching dark horse Donovan Smith of Houston.  He has the tools, just has not put it all together yet.   So to answer your question:  Yes, we could trade back--I could see a trade back to about 10, but when that pick rolls around, we are taking a QB.  With the additional pick, we will grab an edge.  I see your point, but does Hunter offer early to mid first round talent if he plays one side of the ball?   Regardless, my statement was not what I would do, I was stating what they will do.  Their jobs are on the line.  They will take a QB and an edge before a WR or DB, in my opinion.

Allar is another one who could move up if he keeps developing. Penn St isn’t doing much to help him but he has a nice skillset and doesn’t really turn the ball over. 

• Pie 1

Lamar Jackson was the 32nd pick.

We can play this top of the draft game with quarterbacks but there are enough that were taken deep, that worked out fine. 

If the guy there at number one is not generational someone will likely be fuging up. Let's not be that team. Again. I haven't watched any of these guys eyeing them as prospects yet but if there is generational, snatch it.

I guess Manning could have that label given he was born into Archie Manning's QB factory. We probably won't go 1-16 in 2025 though, I sure hope. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, strato said:

Lamar Jackson was the 32nd pick.

We can play this top of the draft game with quarterbacks but there are enough that were taken deep, that worked out fine. 

If the guy there at number one is not generational someone will likely be fuging up. Let's not be that team. Again. I haven't watched any of these guys eyeing them as prospects yet but if there is generational, snatch it.

I guess Manning could have that label given he was born into Archie Manning's QB factory. We probably won't go 1-16 in 2025 though, I sure hope. 

Yeah not sure people realize this class doesn't have a generational QB and they are putting faith in Tepper to select the right QB again in a draft were there isn't a true #1 QB.

That's scary to think about I rather trade back get a elite skill player and go from there. Maybe we pick up a QB in the later rounds.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah not sure people realize this class doesn't have a generational QB and they are putting faith in Tepper to select the right QB again in a draft were there isn't a true #1 QB.

That's scary to think about I rather trade back get a elite skill player and go from there. Maybe we pick up a QB in the later rounds.

It is easier when you aren't shopping hungry. Peppers was a pretty great use of a high pick when others wanted QBs. 

I have not watched much college, just a few minutes. But Peppers was generational find another one you can't be but so wrong. 

I just don't want to pass on another CJ Stroud, it would kill the last bit of love. 

55 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I thought we'd be talking Arch haha.  9/12 223 yards 4 Passing TDs, 3 carries, 53 rushing, 1 TD

I guess Hunter in 2025 would allow us to still be terrible at least one more season (without a QB) and then land Arch Manning in 2026.

Let's go.  

Peyton, Eli, and Cooper Manning would die before they allow Carolina to draft Archie

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

A draft doesn't need to have a generational guy for you to find a franchise qb. 

No poo, we got that now. 

But I know what you mean. People not perceived to be generational at draft time can turn in generational careers. 

I think I said this, maybe not here, but I use the G word to describe what I see as a sure thing. The player that nobody is trading away from drafting.