• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2 words Travis Hunter

CamWhoaaCam

Even if we get the #1 pick we need to trade back and take Travis Hunter. This kid is just dynamic on both sides of the ball. I don't care if he plays WR or DB I just want him on this roster. He's a playmaker.

2 receiving TD's and if you want defense he has a INT and returned it for 38 yards on the return.

This is the kind of player that puts fans back in seats at BOA. You gotta bring some excitement back to this franchise. Hunter is a generational talent.

Tepper do the right things and draft Travis Hunter.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We probably only lose like 40-13 to the Saints if we have Travis Hunter.

Drafting Hunter doesn't rule us out of getting a QB later in the draft or FA or trade.

We need a dynamic player someone who will make watching Panthers games exciting again.

Also lets be real what QB isn't a upgrade over Bryce right now? We automatically get better by moving on from Bryce.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who is that QB?

I swear if you say Beck I'm gonna ban myself.

Beck. Beck. Beck.

No seriously--I was predicting what THEY will do.

The trade back is not a bad idea for this very point.  As of right now, I see the three everyone talks about in the top 10, but neither in the top 5. Sanders is very tempting, but under pressure from Nebraska, he looked mortal. He needs a clean pocket, but when he has it, he is deadly.  Is he an NFL QB?  probably.  Ewers?  I like his mental toughness, but he and Beck are mid first rounders right now.  I also see several QBs who, by the end of the season, could be in the first round talk.  If these develop into viable options, I think we trade back and take a Milroe, Dart, Ward, etc.  I like Dart right now, but his decision-making is bad at times--Canales could fix that.   I am really watching dark horse Donovan Smith of Houston.  He has the tools, just has not put it all together yet.   So to answer your question:  Yes, we could trade back--I could see a trade back to about 10, but when that pick rolls around, we are taking a QB.  With the additional pick, we will grab an edge.  I see your point, but does Hunter offer early to mid first round talent if he plays one side of the ball?   Regardless, my statement was not what I would do, I was stating what they will do.  Their jobs are on the line.  They will take a QB and an edge before a WR or DB, in my opinion.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

The trade back is not a bad idea for this very point.  As of right now, I see the three everyone talks about in the top 10, but neither in the top 5. Sanders is very tempting, but under pressure from Nebraska, he looked mortal. He needs a clean pocket, but when he has it, he is deadly.  Is he an NFL QB?  probably.  Ewers?  I like his mental toughness, but he and Beck are mid first rounders right now.  I also see several QBs who, by the end of the season, could be in the first round talk.  If these develop into viable options, I think we trade back and take a Milroe, Dart, Ward, etc.  I like Dart right now, but his decision-making is bad at times--Canales could fix that.   I am really watching dark horse Donovan Smith of Houston.  He has the tools, just has not put it all together yet.   So to answer your question:  Yes, we could trade back--I could see a trade back to about 10, but when that pick rolls around, we are taking a QB.  With the additional pick, we will grab an edge.  I see your point, but does Hunter offer early to mid first round talent if he plays one side of the ball?   Regardless, my statement was not what I would do, I was stating what they will do.  Their jobs are on the line.  They will take a QB and an edge before a WR or DB, in my opinion.

If we want a QB we could just trade back up using those picks we traded back for. 

Trading back from #1 gives us more flexibility. We could add Hunter and a QB if we play our cards right.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If we want a QB we could just trade back up using those picks we traded back for. 

Trading back from #1 gives us more flexibility. We could add Hunter and a QB if we play our cards right.

And what do you do about edge/OLB?  We have average and developmental.