• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It would mean a lot to me if the Panthers won this week

hepcat

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

My dad passed away early this morning after battling cancer for roughly a year. He was 68. I was by his side until the end. I’m heartbroken because my wife is due with his granddaughter in December, who he will never get to meet. He fought as long as he could to meet her, but his cancer was too aggressive.

My guitar thumping friend, I'm sorry to hear this.  I'm glad you were their for him.  A win would be good for the team and all the fans.  It would especially mean something great for you.

I'm battling cancer my self.  It sucks getting old but as I tell my family, I'm ready to go when God calls me.  

It will take some time for you to heal, my friend.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ThPantherFan said:

My guitar thumping friend, I'm sorry to hear this.  I'm glad you were their for him.  A win would be good for the team and all the fans.  It would especially mean something great for you.

I'm battling cancer my self.  It sucks getting old but as I tell my family, I'm ready to go when God calls me.  

It will take some time for you to heal, my friend.

Good luck with your cancer battle. It’s such a horrible thing. Like my dad did, fight until there’s no fight left to fight. Then go. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, hepcat said:

My dad passed away early this morning after battling cancer for roughly a year. He was 68. I was by his side until the end. I’m heartbroken because my wife is due with his granddaughter in December, who he will never get to meet. He fought as long as he could to meet her, but his cancer was too aggressive.

One thing I always shared with my dad was watching Panthers games. I can’t count how many games we watched together. We would talk about the players, the schemes, the coaches, what plays we’d run in some situation…it was just a good way to get a father and son to talk to each other, and these are some of my most cherished memories. Not the Panthers, just the time I got to spend with my dad because of the team.

He took me to my first Panthers game and many more over the years. My favorite memory as a Panthers fan is attending the Cowboys playoff game during the 2003 Super Bowl run. He kept telling me tickets were almost impossible to get and we probably couldn’t go, but on Christmas Day he surprised me by slipping the tickets into my stocking after opening the other presents. And what a great game that was to see, stomping the Cowboys at home. The stadium was electric that evening. 

The team sucks right now, I know, but man if they could pull out a win for my dad that would really mean a lot. He was a special guy, a much better man than me, and I could go on and on. I don’t know if this could get to the team or not, it probably wouldn’t make a difference even if it did, but I’m just hoping they win this one for him. Call your dad if he’s still in your life and tell him you love him. Thank you for reading. 

I’m so very sorry 

my sincere prayers for you and your family 

I was there during that 2003 playoff game. See Parcells get stomped was great   

your Daddy sounds so very special. 

• Beer 1

Hey buddy, I am so very sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Now because of seeing your post I want them to win this one tomorrow in a huge way. I'm sorry again man. I lost my father as well so I know the feelings you are now having. Guarantee you that your dad will be expecting you to fight on and now prepare to lead your own family as he obviously lead his family well. He is still with you, you just carry him in your heart now.

• Beer 1