• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It would mean a lot to me if the Panthers won this week

hepcat

Feel for you man. My dad is getting old too. Turns 62 this year. He worked his ass off traveling as a medical sales rep but he never missed a game when I was a kid and it was always something I could look forward to. He grew up a Redskins fan but got PSLs the first year the Carolinas got a team and that was our team ever since. Its so much more than sports or football for some people and not everyone can understand

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, shaq said:

My prayers go to you and your entire family, honestly a really powerful post. My dad is the reason I’m a Panthers fan, and he is the reason I fell in love with the sport. Im rooting extra hard this Sunday, 1-0 this week!

I’d cut off my finger for another hour with him. I spent every moment I could with him these past few weeks once his health really declined. Cancer sucks. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’d cut off my finger for another hour with him. I spent every moment I could with him these past few weeks once his health really declined. Cancer sucks. 

So sorry to hear brother, I can’t even imagine what you’re feeling. I’m gonna call my dad today and tell him how much I love him, wishing you the best man thank you for sharing your story!

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, hepcat said:

My dad passed away early this morning after battling cancer for roughly a year. He was 68. I was by his side until the end. I’m heartbroken because my wife is due with his granddaughter in December, who he will never get to meet. He fought as long as he could to meet her, but his cancer was too aggressive.

One thing I always shared with my dad was watching Panthers games. I can’t count how many games we watched together. We would talk about the players, the schemes, the coaches, what plays we’d run in some situation…it was just a good way to get a father and son to talk to each other, and these are some of my most cherished memories. Not the Panthers, just the time I got to spend with my dad because of the team.

He took me to my first Panthers game and many more over the years. My favorite memory as a Panthers fan is attending the Cowboys playoff game during the 2003 Super Bowl run. He kept telling me tickets were almost impossible to get and we probably couldn’t go, but on Christmas Day he surprised me by slipping the tickets into my stocking after opening the other presents. And what a great game that was to see, stomping the Cowboys at home. The stadium was electric that evening. 

The team sucks right now, I know, but man if they could pull out a win for my dad that would really mean a lot. He was a special guy, a much better man than me, and I could go on and on. I don’t know if this could get to the team or not, it probably wouldn’t make a difference even if it did, but I’m just hoping they win this one for him. Call your dad if he’s still in your life and tell him you love him. Thank you for reading. 

You are totally in my prayers, my friend. I know we have never met, but I went through the same thing two weeks ago. I lost my brother due to an aneurysm next to his heart. He died on the operating table at 61 years old. His youngest son, my nephew had his first child, a little girl, two days before he passed away. He never got a chance to meet her. And I’m only four years removed in November of losing my father. So, I have been there and I know what you’re feeling. I hope things get better for you in the coming days. I will remember you in prayer.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

My dad passed away early this morning after battling cancer for roughly a year. He was 68. I was by his side until the end. I’m heartbroken because my wife is due with his granddaughter in December, who he will never get to meet. He fought as long as he could to meet her, but his cancer was too aggressive.

One thing I always shared with my dad was watching Panthers games. I can’t count how many games we watched together. We would talk about the players, the schemes, the coaches, what plays we’d run in some situation…it was just a good way to get a father and son to talk to each other, and these are some of my most cherished memories. Not the Panthers, just the time I got to spend with my dad because of the team.

He took me to my first Panthers game and many more over the years. My favorite memory as a Panthers fan is attending the Cowboys playoff game during the 2003 Super Bowl run. He kept telling me tickets were almost impossible to get and we probably couldn’t go, but on Christmas Day he surprised me by slipping the tickets into my stocking after opening the other presents. And what a great game that was to see, stomping the Cowboys at home. The stadium was electric that evening. 

The team sucks right now, I know, but man if they could pull out a win for my dad that would really mean a lot. He was a special guy, a much better man than me, and I could go on and on. I don’t know if this could get to the team or not, it probably wouldn’t make a difference even if it did, but I’m just hoping they win this one for him. Call your dad if he’s still in your life and tell him you love him. Thank you for reading. 

Sorry to hear that.  My sister and niece went thru something similar last year.  My brother in-law died at the age of 53 due to pancreatic cancer.  He was a good man, who died just after the birth of his third grandchild.  The oldest grandchild might remember him in a few years, I doubt the others will.  I hope you find some peace in the memories you have with him.  

• Beer 1