• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prime Cam plugged into this roster what happens?

Ricky Prickles

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. If we had a promising young QB everyone would be frustrated about the abysmal D but the overall hope for the future would be completely different. Again, just like Cam's rookie year.

And since apparently some of the apologists have forgotten . . . this is EXACTLY what you SHOULD expect from a number one overall draft pick of a "franchise" QB.  You should look at the field and go "Yea, I see where this is going.  We're going to have a chance in every game."  Go watch Cam's first season again.  

image.png.961af19ef71eff94d190b60db8fd57f7.png

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Cam was unique.

I don't think people realize just how dominant he was during his MVP season. That offense had no business being in the SB, but because we had Cam who was easily the best player in football that year he damn near went undefeated that year. 

We loss 2 games all season people. 

15-1 in the regular season is insane!

My biggest regret is us not seeing a healthy Cam and Luke finish out their careers the right way. We were robbed early of 2 generational players!

That doesn't get talked about enough on this board. We had arguably the best player on offense and defense. Cray Cray!

• Beer 3

35 minutes ago, BrianS said:

And since apparently some of the apologists have forgotten . . . this is EXACTLY what you SHOULD expect from a number one overall draft pick of a "franchise" QB.  You should look at the field and go "Yea, I see where this is going.  We're going to have a chance in every game."  Go watch Cam's first season again.  

image.png.961af19ef71eff94d190b60db8fd57f7.png

Shiiiiiiiit Bryce Young wishes he had as much swag as Puss in Boots.

2 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

denver broncos no GIF

The one great season ended like that. I'll never forgive that play. 

Yes, that was one terrible play.  Yes, it's hard to look at it and think "What if . . . "?

However, that game turned much earlier.  It was the Cotchery catch where the game turned.  That one play and call completely and almost irreversibly changed the entire game.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Our D gave up 47 to a likely mediocre offense. Put prime Cam on this team and we're still bad. It's be like his rookie year where we put up enough points to compete but the D would consistently find a way to give up more.

We averaged 4 yards for the first 5 drives.   The D probably isn’t as bad as it seems.  Every D is going to give up points with literally no O for that many drives 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Yes, that was one terrible play.  Yes, it's hard to look at it and think "What if . . . "?

However, that game turned much earlier.  It was the Cotchery catch where the game turned.  That one play and call completely and almost irreversibly changed the entire game.

Anyone that acts as if Super Bowl 50 came down to one singular play is just being a disingenuous fool. The entire team was in a funk. They lost focus. That includes Cam Newton. Our head coach being stubborn didn't help matters either. We lost that Super Bowl as a team from top to bottom. Although I will point out coincidentally Kony Ealy of all people seemed to be the most fired up about trying to change the course of that game late. That pretty damn well sums it up.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

We averaged 4 yards for the first 5 drives.   The D probably isn’t as bad as it seems.  Every D is going to give up points with literally no O for that many drives 

They're as bad as they seem. The Falcons would've had less opportunities if the Panthers offense could've maintained drives but they would've still scored like clockwork when they got the ball.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

They're as bad as they seem. The Falcons would've had less opportunities if the Panthers offense could've maintained drives but they would've still scored like clockwork when they got the ball.

Well, being down 17 sounds better than 30 at the half.  

25 minutes ago, frankw said:

Anyone that acts as if Super Bowl 50 came down to one singular play is just being a disingenuous fool. The entire team was in a funk. They lost focus. That includes Cam Newton. Our head coach being stubborn didn't help matters either. We lost that Super Bowl as a team from top to bottom. Although I will point out coincidentally Kony Ealy of all people seemed to be the most fired up about trying to change the course of that game late. That pretty damn well sums it up.

If he just jumps on the ball we probably won that SB. Fools gonna fool I guess

I also blame Kasey for the first lost SB. Probably being foolish there too.

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Poo 1