• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need a rebuild, not a retool

Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D.

Dan Morgan keeps claiming that the team is in the process of retooling and consistently shuns the notion of a rebuild, but honestly, this team needs to tear it all down and start over. 

Some simple facts;

The team is likely one of the worst in the NFL.

We are, bare minimum, 2 years away from even thinking about the playoffs and even further away from being a team that can compete in the playoffs. 

We are currently the OLDEST TEAM IN THE NFL.

We have 17+ players on the final year of their contracts.  

This team needs to tear it all down. Every player on the final year of their contract needs to be on the trade block for draft picks or younger talent.  Championship caliber teams can afford to retool.  This team needs to suck it up and hit the damn reset button. 

• Pie 5

16 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Dan Morgan keeps claiming that the team is in the process of retooling and consistently shuns the notion of a rebuild, but honestly, this team needs to tear it all down and start over. 

Some simple facts;

We are, bare minimum, 2 years away from even thinking about the playoffs and even further away from being a team that can compete in the playoffs. 

This team needs to tear it all down. Every player on the final year of their contract needs to be on the trade block for draft picks or younger talent.  Championship caliber teams can afford to retool.  This team needs to suck it up and hit the damn reset button. 

It's late so not taking it all in but commenting on something to give you some feedback.. that thing I bolded, it isn't that much to worry about. This year is a wash for everything, you know, but the QB. 

I think what could be important to what we are seeing on the field is, guys are being added at the 11th hour because of this waiver position perk, so there is going to be some lag. (they are new and not really worked in).

That should settle down some if they can find some keepers.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

We needed a tear down 5 years ago. Instead tepper wanted band aid after bandaid. Signing teddy trading for darnold trading for baker. Wasting all that time money and assets on average at best signal callers was dumb. We've focused so much on finding a quarterback that the rest of the team completely went to poo. We have next to no talent on this team that would start for any decent team. Then we mortgaged more future for a 5'10 qb. I said it this off season that we should have re signed no one, signed no one except 1 year contracts to fill out the roster. This team needs a flat out purge and tepper continues to force patchwork fixes that just make us worse

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Some simple facts;

That's great in theory, but when everybody on your team sucks, I'm not sure what draft picks or young talent you are going to get...

But yeah, we definitely need to rebuild whether Tepper wants to admit it or not. 

Almost no GM will come out and say this is a rebuild, although inwardly they know within that it is. Does Dan think this is a rebuild? I really don’t think so. GMs have to think every draft pick or free agent will hit or they wouldn’t pick them.

When you still have your fingerprints up and down this sucky roster as Dan does (I still think Young is holding the entire team back) a rebuild is an admission that you suck at your job in player selection. 

They know it's a rebuild. You just can't say that publicly. 

Could you imagine if they did? A team with our track record the last 7 years coming out and saying the last 2 rebuilds didn't work so it's time for a rebuild of a rebuild of a rebuild.

Man people would quit showing up to games and you'd be able to buy tickets to the games for a dollar apiece.

Oh wait.

• Beer 1

I'm gonna say it and it will draw some fire but poo, let's call it like it is.

Dan Morgan has always been a mook and was never one of the brightest guys on our team. 

He wasn't the guy we needed to take over for Fitterer. He may actually be a step backwards.

As a former Panther player, he is to management as Frank Reich was to coaching.

I'm sorry, but it's true.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm gonna say it and it will draw some fire but poo, let's call it like it is.

Dan Morgan has always been a mook and was never one of the brightest guys on our team. 

He wasn't the guy we needed to take over for Fitterer. He may actually be a step backwards.

As a former Panther player, he is to management as Frank Reich was to coaching.

I'm sorry, but it's true.

Hiring dan morgan never made sense, and it just shows that tepper simply likes the yes man. 

• Beer 3

7 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Some simple facts;

We have been rebuilding for 5+ years now. It's not "rebuilding." We are down below the foundation.

This is building.

• Pie 3