• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Mother visited 3 Doctors in Florida and 4 in North Carolina before anyone cared

Shocker

My mother will be having her leg amputated tomorrow from the knee down (if we are lucky).  It could go higher on the leg.  She was seen by so many doctors in Florida where she lived that completely ignored it and told her it was a spider bite.  I am posting this because everyone absolutely has to question everything that feels wrong with these people who clearly don’t care at all.  Turns out she had gang green in her foot.  If this was caught earlier she could have had a chance to save her foot at worst.  Cautionary tale… please force these idiots to address things realistically 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 5

I never cease to be amazed at the disparity in treatment women receive.  Seems like once every week or so I hear a woman's story where her doctors didnt listen, they downplayed symptoms, or dismissed the level of discomfort she experienced.

Sorry for your mom but Im afraid there is something broken when it comes to women's healthcare.

• Flames 1

I have a bunion on my right foot I'm going to have to have surgically treated because a dumbass doctor thought I had gout 8 years ago. I told her that I REALLY don't think it's gout because it would be a massive coincidence to develop a novel gout attack that precisely coincided with building a patio and lugging literally ton of material up and down steps for several days on end. I'm very sure this is some type of overuse injury I'm just trying to figure out exactly what and how I need to address it. She remained convinced it was actually gout so I just said fug it and limped around for several weeks until it finally got to the point I could pretty much function normally though it stayed painful for over a year. It's my own dumbass fault for not getting a second opinion from an actual podiatrist but it is what it is. At the very least I should've just gone and gotten myself a walking boot and worn it until the worst of the pain subsided. You have to advocate for yourself and your healthcare.

• Pie 1