• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper Killed this Franchise

shaq

3 hours ago, d-dave said:

I don't really disagree with the premise that Tepper took the franchise and broke the whole damn thing.  The results are there.

I understand that new owners want their own guys.  I understand that there's always growing pains when you transition to a new leadership structure.  The problem is that Tepper tried to run a NFL team like his business.  The NFL doesn't work that way.  There's more than a fair share of luck in the NFL.  Every contract and draft pick is a gamble.

So we're here.  Tepper needs to let Dan and Dave run this team for at least two seasons before he STARTS to make a judgement.  Tepper also needs to get his community affairs in order.  The Rock Hill thing is ugly.  He's a rich man, he should foot the bill.  Expecting entire communities that don't have your level of wealth to foot the bill is just plain greedy and mean.  Good business, but not a great look.

There's still a long way to go as far as the Panthers, Tepper, and the community.  Tepper needs to fix it all, and part of that is by disappearing and doing good.

Dipper came in like he was this big brains surgeon when in reality all he turned out to be was a stir cook....

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Dipper came in like he was this big brains surgeon when in reality all he turned out to be was a stir cook....

Yup. Dude thought he was going to waltz in and outsmart the league. Remember him crowing about the Rhule hire and, as one example, all the talk of the sport science stuff, and then we just never heard any more about it because he realized every other team was already doing it? 

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

If I'm being honest with myself. It has been a series of unfortunate events.  With a collaboration of hands that are guilty.  

Yes, Tepper is the head of the totem pole, although I believe he genuinely wants this team to be a winner than most of us do. 

Tepper needs someone between him and Dan Morgan making franchise decisions. Tepper should stop the Monday morning meetings with the coach. Tepper should only have conversations with the guy he hired to make franchise decisions like hiring the GM and Head Coach. But nowhere in any of that should Tepper have a say other than is the guy he hired to run the franchise doing his job. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Tepper needs someone between him and Dan Morgan making franchise decisions. Tepper should stop the Monday morning meetings with the coach. Tepper should only have conversations with the guy he hired to make franchise decisions like hiring the GM and Head Coach. But nowhere in any of that should Tepper have a say other than is the guy he hired to run the franchise doing his job. 

By his track record I would agree. But (realistically) I don't know if there Is an owner that doesn't get input. 

Green Bay? 

Edited by strato

38 minutes ago, strato said:

By his track record I would agree. But (realistically) I don't know if there Is an owner that doesn't get input. 

Green Bay? 

& look at how well Green Bay operates year in & year out .they currently lead the NFL in victories with over 800 victories 

one could only wistfully think Tepper's hard headed ego maniac self would take note  & follow suit

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, T-Wazzle said:

I'm currently watching the 96 playoff game against Dallas and Madden saying about the team "...how much pride they have in it.  You know, we came down here Friday and everyone,  the coach, the owner, the general manager,  all the players, everyone has a lot of pride in this place, the city, this state and this football team."

Everything comes around but I have to wonder if the Tepper Panthers will ever get back to this.

I just can't see this happening unless Tepper comes out and fully admits to his mistakes and promises moving forward to not interfere with football operations. However this is so unlikely with a narcissit that I doubt it ever happens. 

There is a path to this team getting better though and I realized it watching CFB last night:

It will take time, this team is talent depleted. But provided Canales and Morgan are good hires.

This year trade the number one pick to like the LVR just like Chicago did with us. Take the best edge or LT with the Raiders pick. 

Suck again next year

2026 we draft Arch Manning or Nico (my personal pick right now) ; with the raiders extra first you take either the best: edge, CB or WR

Pray Jamar Chase tests FA and sign him

Offense: Chase, Nico, Year 3 XL, Brooks

Defense: best edge from this year, and hopefully we start nailing some picks on defensive drafts. 

There is a way for every team to get better, look at Houston's rapid turn around. But it takes patience. 

• Pie 1