• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper Killed this Franchise

shaq

10 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

Remember guys many of you supported JR selling this team. Just cause he liked to chase his secretaries around the office desk and pay them handsomely.  We had to remove him, right guys? You assholes wanted this so look in the mirror when you wonder why we suck. It's you, you're the problem. 

Something something “big brass balls…”

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I'd kill for a poo sandwich type season 

Well hold on.  Youre about to get one.

Arguing JR vs Tepper is a distinction without a difference IMO.  They both sucked, it just happened that we fell into a few more good seasons in one era than the other but Id argue that was more luck than design.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

22 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

Well hold on.  Youre about to get one.

Arguing JR vs Tepper is a distinction without a difference IMO.  They both sucked, it just happened that we fell into a few more good seasons in one era than the other but Id argue that was more luck than design.

Its a stupid argument for sure but JR was light years better then the teppers and its not even remotely close

• Pie 5

11 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

Remember guys many of you supported JR selling this team. Just cause he liked to chase his secretaries around the office desk and pay them handsomely.  We had to remove him, right guys? You assholes wanted this so look in the mirror when you wonder why we suck. It's you, you're the problem. 

They were frustrating teams to watch but Ron wasn’t such a slouch either compared to the history of this Tepper era. By far the best and most stable coach Tepper ever fired IMO.  He isn’t suited for this era of football but damn we are now clawing to get back to that level of mediocrity. 

This is not a vote for hiring Ron again or saying he is an excellent coach so please don’t hate. Just a comparative observation. 

• Beer 2

12 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

That was manufactured outrage only becasuse they thought a new owner would be better. Most didn't care about the moral or ethical or legal side of it.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Cullenator said:

The folks who like to defend JR conveniently forget what a shitshow of GMs he hired

He hired Hurney not once but twice.

And for all the talk of our culture. Honestly the culture through our best years was always due to a few key players like Sam Mills Steve Smith Jake Delhomme Cam Newton Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis. They were the engine for that. But at the same time it was under JR's watch that our culture at times took on a "just happy to be here" mentality. Think overpaying guys in 2010. Think saying absolutely nothing to the NFL about our MVP quarterback being headhunted in the 2016 season. Now there are all these rules to protect QB's. Meh.

We need better than Both Richardson and Tepper.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I don't really disagree with the premise that Tepper took the franchise and broke the whole damn thing.  The results are there.

I understand that new owners want their own guys.  I understand that there's always growing pains when you transition to a new leadership structure.  The problem is that Tepper tried to run a NFL team like his business.  The NFL doesn't work that way.  There's more than a fair share of luck in the NFL.  Every contract and draft pick is a gamble.

So we're here.  Tepper needs to let Dan and Dave run this team for at least two seasons before he STARTS to make a judgement.  Tepper also needs to get his community affairs in order.  The Rock Hill thing is ugly.  He's a rich man, he should foot the bill.  Expecting entire communities that don't have your level of wealth to foot the bill is just plain greedy and mean.  Good business, but not a great look.

There's still a long way to go as far as the Panthers, Tepper, and the community.  Tepper needs to fix it all, and part of that is by disappearing and doing good.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, shaq said:

This is one of the lowest points our franchise has ever been at. There is one man to blame for where we are at, and I just wanted to share a video I made about this. Hope everyone is doing well, screw David Tepper!

It’s also gonna have to be him who revitalizes it. I’m hopeful eventually he’ll get it right. In the mean time, I have young children who need my Sundays. 

• Beer 1