• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper Killed this Franchise

shaq

20 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

Remember guys many of you supported JR selling this team. Just cause he liked to chase his secretaries around the office desk and pay them handsomely.  We had to remove him, right guys? You assholes wanted this so look in the mirror when you wonder why we suck. It's you, you're the problem. 

yeah. There was also that undisclosed racist thing. There was no accounting of that for us to review whether we felt he crossed whatever line he might have crossed. Secret police type of stuff. 'Trust us he iz very bad man'.

Proof, how about it? 

It seemed like a hit job. He was old and feeble at the time, he didn't fight it. Maybe because they had him, but maybe because they wanted someone else in his place and told him how it was gonna be. 

Then you add in that we have Lynch talking about Navarro contacting him prior to his 49ers hire, about working with him if he bought the Panthers. Timeline is unsure and I am a suspicious type. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, strato said:

yeah. There was also that undisclosed racist thing. There was no accounting of that for us to review whether we felt he crossed whatever line he might have crossed. Secret police type of stuff. 'Trust us he iz very bad man'.

Proof, how about it? 

It seemed like a hit job. He was old and feeble at the time, he didn't fight it. Maybe because they had him, but maybe because they wanted someone else in his place and told him how it was gonna be. 

Then you add in that we have Lynch talking about Navarro contacting him prior to his 49ers hire, about working with him if he bought the Panthers. Timeline is unsure and I am a suspicious type. 

Everybody is a little racist at times

Jerry grew up in a different time.  If he was so hated why was his funeral so well attended by former players?  They knew.

• Beer 2

35 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Jerry grew up in a different time.  If he was so hated why was his funeral so well attended by former players?  They knew.

Having biases is something that comes from life experiences. Survival instincts type of thing at times. Everybody has them. 

Like, I am biased against tiny QBs.

Edited by strato

9 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

Remember guys many of you supported JR selling this team. Just cause he liked to chase his secretaries around the office desk and pay them handsomely.  We had to remove him, right guys? You assholes wanted this so look in the mirror when you wonder why we suck. It's you, you're the problem. 

Most of the people I saw running around on a moral high ground don’t even post here anymore.  Their moms kicked them out of the basement.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I loved the guy because I was in football no man's land with no team and make no mistake, he got us this team. 

I sent an email to him through the team site in 2003 to congratulate him and thank him for getting us a team, just a short note to give him some love. 

I got a hand written letter back from him. Who does that?  Yeah he made mistakes and did things we didn't agree with at times but we were so much better off with someone that played in the league and understood players.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

10 hours ago, Beast_3000 said:

What makes it worse is you can see people like Joe Brady thriving in Buffalo.  He was one of the first to go and take blame. Now that we have about 6 seasons under Tepper we can look back and say he was probably our best offensive coordinator. Crazy as it sounds Darnold has probably been the best QB in the Tepper era.

almost every single player / coach that the panthers have cut bait from (besides Rhule and Reich) have improved after leaving. 

At some point the only person consistent is Tepper. He has built a rotten culture. He is a disease which has systemically infected every level of the organization since taking over in 2018. We've gotten worse each year since he's been here. 

• Beer 2

16 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

It's funny how we keep thinking we are at the lowest point we've ever been but somehow it keeps getting lower

I said in this in another thread but last year when people in my life would ask "How are the Panthers doing?"

I'd say "this is the lowest point in my fandom" ....and it continued to be true week after week 

• Beer 3

I'm currently watching the 96 playoff game against Dallas and Madden saying about the team "...how much pride they have in it.  You know, we came down here Friday and everyone,  the coach, the owner, the general manager,  all the players, everyone has a lot of pride in this place, the city, this state and this football team."

Everything comes around but I have to wonder if the Tepper Panthers will ever get back to this.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2