• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What we need from Dave Canales now

Khyber53

Yeah he has everything he needs and it is on him. If he keeps on doing the same thing why keep banging everyone’s heads against the wall? 

Look, last year he chirped up in the locker room in Chicago. Being a leader. The first time he said anything according  to reports. 
Since then, 1-8 with 4 passing TDS one Rushing. 4 interceptions. He keeps that up how long should they keep him in that job? 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

8 minutes ago, strato said:

Yeah he has everything he needs and it is on him. If he keeps on doing the same thing why keep banging everyone’s heads against the wall? 

Look, last year he chirped up in the locker room in Chicago. Being a leader. The first time he said anything according  to reports. 
Since then, 1-8 with 4 passing TDS one Rushing. 4 interceptions. He keeps that up how long should they keep him in that job? 

He should already been benched.  But we should be better managed.  49ers drafted Trey Lance.  They didn’t engineer their roster so it was only Trey Lance as the option…..

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

This team just needs to freaking win a game. Locker room morale. The offensive additions will grow stale unless someone can throw an NFL ball. It ain’t Bryce. He is holding the entire team, except kicker and punter, back. Plummer, dalton doesn’t matter. Things have to change. Netflix/video game/doesn’t bench press JV player clearly doesn’t want to play at the nfl level. 

• Pie 2

46 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Except we traded a lot to draft this guy #1 overall.

Giving him 1 season to prove himself which is basically what you're suggesting is just crazy. Cmon bro he deserves 2 years before we make a decision.

He has looked bad in his 1 season. But damn as much as I think he's not the guy he deserves a chance to prove himself in his sophomore season.

Relax bro we aren't doing anything with Dalton either. This team lacks talent on both sides. We just got blown out by the Saints for goodness sake. 

I get so tired of hearing about our lack of talent that somehow goes to other teams to become serviceable starters or even above average.  Truth is, for years now, we have no idea what kind of talent we have because we don’t have a flipping QB!  No D is going to look good play 90% of the game and we would be calling for DJ’s head by now and talking about his lack of separation if he were still on the team

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

45 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

I get so tired of hearing about our lack of talent that somehow goes to other teams to become serviceable starters or even above average.  Truth is, for years now, we have no idea what kind of talent we have because we don’t have a flipping QB!  No D is going to look good play 90% of the game and we would be calling for DJ’s head by now and talking about his lack of separation if he were still on the team

We should have stuck with Darnold and Wilks. That's the only success we had under the Tepper era. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ColumbusCounty said:

If Canales is actually a believer in the "QB whisperer" theory then I'd imagine he's already eyeing the prospect of re-inventing Dalton.  

Let Bryce bench himself and insert Dalton after week 4.  

Yeah one of the first things I figured out is if he can fix Bryce, get someone with real NFL talent and see what he could do. 

15 hours ago, CRA said:

He should already been benched.  But we should be better managed.  49ers drafted Trey Lance.  They didn’t engineer their roster so it was only Trey Lance as the option…..

Look how quickly they recovered from the draft capital they gave up too.

Build a good team and the QB will eventually happen. Hell, build a good enough team and you can attract one in free agency.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, thennek said:

Very disappointing to see this. This leads me to believe Tepper is still very involved in the football side of the Panthers. . 

It totally sucks that we have to tolerate the futility, 100%.

But I mean, no one really benches a guy this soon. I am sure as I could be in a guess, that this is part of the agreement to get hired. He is to play him and train him and correct him as he takes his lumps. 

The reality is Young will have to stack enough bad games to get Tepper to abandon his support. 

• Beer 1