• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First 17 NFL QB Starts

Panthers Fan 69

48 minutes ago, CRA said:

Panthers should have just pulled the no brainer move that fell into their laps. 

Drafted Justin Fields at 8.  Kept CMC . Kept DJ Moore.  Kept their draft picks.  NFL is way too hard to think you are the smartest guy and the room and can trade away everyone and everything for a dude.  

yeah, we might not of solved the puzzle doing that….but it would have been a more fun ride and more enjoyable team to watch.  And probably not the worst in all of pro sports 

Justin fields has been terrible even with good talent around him.   Kyle allen and Tyler heineki have played better.  

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

Justin fields has been terrible even with good talent around him.   Kyle allen and Tyler heineki have played better.  

Fields got less interest than even Sam Darnold when he was going to be traded from Chicago. I think the league largely views him as a 2nd or 3rd string QB and not some potential starter.

Darnold I just can't explain. I am not sure I have ever seen such an underwhelming QB get so many chances.

25 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

again, too much fixation of Fields.  It’s about management.  

what we did was think we were super smart and traded away CMC, DJ Moore and a host of draft picks….to acquire a much worse QB than Fields. 

It’s essentially just an argument to not try to outsmart the draft and mortgage your team for a player.  

Odds are we would be better off today just using our picks as they are.  So you draft Fields if you thought you needed to try a young QB.  If you miss…you likely don’t become the biggest joke in all of pro sports.  

And that’s what the desperation at QB has resulted in.  Stupidity.  Drafting Fields would have just been a miss.  We would not be the joke we are today.  Maybe still bad.   But not so far behind.  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Fields got less interest than even Sam Darnold when he was going to be traded from Chicago. I think the league largely views him as a 2nd or 3rd string QB and not some potential starter.

Darnold I just can't explain. I am not sure I have ever seen such an underwhelming QB get so many chances.

He has the stature and the tools. Foot speed is even okay.  

So you could see him as the hot chick that keeps you waiting an hour putting on makeup. Spends all your money on shoes, can’t cook and is a slob around the house - you get to know her and then you want out.
But there is no shortage of dudes that have only fat and ugly options wanting in. 

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Fields likely will be a strong #2 in the NFL.  He at least has some elite tools.  Namely his legs.  He is a poor mans Lamar.  And no one wants that as their #1.  No one wanted Fields because no one wants to build a unicorn O for a poor man’s Lamar.    It takes a really special player to build a unique O for them.  Cam and Lamar.  That’s basically it.   I think Fields actually best compares to Kapernick. You could see some success in the right O…..but that’s such a rarity for that to align

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Cough Sam Bradford…cough 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Fields likely will be a strong #2 in the NFL.  He at least has some elite tools.  Namely his legs.  He is a poor mans Lamar.  And no one wants that as their #1.  No one wanted Fields because no one wants to build a unicorn O for a poor man’s Lamar.    It takes a really special player to build a unique O for them.  Cam and Lamar.  That’s basically it.   I think Fields actually best compares to Kapernick. You could see some success in the right O…..but that’s such a rarity for that to align

You don’t draft a 1st round qb to be a strong number 2.  

Just now, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Well you don't trade everything to move up to #1 and take a guy that's not gonna be in the league in 3 years either.  I don't think anyone's making that point.  But picking Fields (or Mac Jones) at our pick a few years ago would have done infinitely less damage to the team than moving up to 1 to pick a bust.

• Pie 1

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

Well you don't trade everything to move up to #1 and take a guy that's not gonna be in the league in 3 years either.  I don't think anyone's making that point.  But picking Fields (or Mac Jones) at our pick a few years ago would have done infinitely less damage to the team than moving up to 1 to pick a bust.

They’re all bad decisions we made. 

7 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

That’s hindsight though and you know the outcome.  Cam could have been a bust.  You never know.

Option A  - spend your first round pick on a young QB - and miss on the pick 

Option B - trade away all your players, trade away your draft picks….and miss on the pick 

My argument is option A what we should have done.  People too fixated on who the player was.  Doesn’t matter.  We should have just drafted Fields.   We would be better positioned to move on from a miss. 

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

That’s hindsight though and you know the outcome.  Cam could have been a bust.  You never know.

Option A  - spend your first round pick on a young QB - and miss on the pick 

Option B - trade away all your players, trade away your draft picks….and miss on the pick 

My argument is option A what we should have done.  People too fixated on who the player was.  Doesn’t matter.  We should have just drafted Fields.   We would be better positioned to move on from a miss. 

When Roger Goodell was up there announcing our pick, and he started with a "J" sound, I was expecting to hear Justin Fields.  When he said Jaycee Horn I was like what the fug lol.

• Pie 1