• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce and the Dawg mentality

NAS

51 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

I remembering cringing when I watched this on Panther's blueprints.  Morgan casually sending "dawgs" as a sound bite.  Seems like everything with this team is lip service.

Interesting from 20:31, dawgs remark @ 20:51

The entire thing is cringe, it’s all hype with no substance. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

That’s another thing…

His parents seem to be attached to his hip at all times. It’s really not a good look and makes you wonder. I’m not sure he’s ever faced true adversity before in his football life. He’s had it pretty easy in high school/Bama. Now for him to finally face some adversity it’s clearly all too much for him

Cam Ward has bounced around a bit. Continuously out to prove himself and continues to do so. Give me a kid who’s been tested before and has come out on top  

Had Bryce gone to some random school like Kansas he’d never have even been drafted 

I know Bryce isn't working out for us, but this seems a bit unfair to him.  The reason he went to Alabama and "not some random school like Kansas" is because he earned it.  He was a 5* recruit and 2nd overall player in his class.  I don't see how you can say he had it any easier than CJ Stroud, who went to high school in the same area as Bryce and went to Ohio State.

LIS I know Bryce is looking like a bust for us but I don't think we should question the work he's put into this game.  Some players just don't work out no matter how much work they put in, it doesn't mean they haven't faced adversity.

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

That’s another thing…

His parents seem to be attached to his hip at all times. It’s really not a good look and makes you wonder. I’m not sure he’s ever faced true adversity before in his football life. He’s had it pretty easy in high school/Bama. Now for him to finally face some adversity it’s clearly all too much for him

Cam Ward has bounced around a bit. Continuously out to prove himself and continues to do so. Give me a kid who’s been tested before and has come out on top  

Had Bryce gone to some random school like Kansas he’d never have even been drafted 

I have been following Ward since his first year at WSU and really think he's NFL caliber.  The Oregon game in 2022 was the one that really sold me on him early.  They ended up losing but he showed so much ability to will his team downfield, at will, at all costs in that game.  He was young and got too aggressive at the end, but it was the first game that really teased a lot from his game. 

He's only grown since and I've been super impressed.  He passes all the physical traits, if anything he tries to play too much hero ball at times and can be a tad inaccurate, but he's developed so well IMO.  

29 minutes ago, Mage said:

The reason he went to Alabama and "not some random school like Kansas" is because he earned it.  

Bryce played high school ball at Mater Dei in Santa Ana, CA.  He was in a nationally recognized prep program from the age of 14 all he had to do was play the part.  Mater Dei, like Alabama is generally far superior to any competition they line up against.  In four years starting there Bryce only lost three games total.  Alabama was much the same story where Bryce only lost four games total in two years starting.

Point being from the time he was a freshman in high school until the time he was drafted #1 overall Bryce Young had only lost 7 total games.  Regardless of you feel about his play one thing is certain, he rarely if ever faced and adversity or played competition better than what he had to work with.  The NFL has exposed Bryce, it's the first time his side of the ball wasn't just better than the other side.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

Bryce played high school ball at Mater Dei in Santa Ana, CA.  He was in a nationally recognized prep program from the age of 14 all he had to do was play the part.  Mater Dei, like Alabama is generally far superior to any competition they line up against.  In four years starting there Bryce only lost three games total.  Alabama was much the same story where Bryce only lost four games total in two years starting.

Point being from the time he was a freshman in high school until the time he was drafted #1 overall Bryce Young had only lost 7 total games.  Regardless of you feel about his play one thing is certain, he rarely if ever faced and adversity or played competition better than what he had to work with.  The NFL has exposed Bryce, it's the first time his side of the ball wasn't just better than the other side.

Mater Dei was so strategic on his family's behalf, he commuted there from Pasadena every day.  That was so brutal they probably took the 210 east to the 57 south to get there.  

When I lived out there, I had a few construction sites I managed at Caltech and also down near Costa Mesa.  I hated that drive so much...flames...on the side of my face...

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I have been following Ward since his first year at WSU and really think he's NFL caliber.  The Oregon game in 2022 was the one that really sold me on him early.  They ended up losing but he showed so much ability to will his team downfield, at will, at all costs in that game.  He was young and got too aggressive at the end, but it was the first game that really teased a lot from his game. 

He's only grown since and I've been super impressed.  He passes all the physical traits, if anything he tries to play too much hero ball at times and can be a tad inaccurate, but he's developed so well IMO.  

I like Ward a lot.  He has some turnover issues (is a gunslinger) and holds on to the ball longer that I'd like, but hopefully he can cut back on both of these this year.  Also if you want an alpha dawg type QB he fits the mold.  He typically brings a fired up energy to his offenses. I want to see what he and Allar do this year.

I mean if you are tasked with being a franchise QB coming off a horrendous 2023 and did sht in the offseason....I have to question his dedication. I know there was a thread about that but still not sure what actual work he put in... I think hes accepted his fate and doesn't have any dawg in him... he shoulda been working on his craft but I don't see any evidence of that. All I really know about him is this gimpy pic on the right of these threads...pretending to be a QB...

Edited by Johnstonny
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1