• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce and the Dawg mentality

NAS

The so called Dawg mentality that Morgan popularized this offseason needs to start at the top. It falls on deaf ears when your QB is too scared to play and can’t step up and lead the team.  I don’t know how you hold everyone else accountable but not the QB.  It’s clear he’s lost all his confidence but I am not sure treating him with kid gloves is the right approach. If there is any semblance of a competitor left in there they need to shake it out of him and sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom for that to occur. Whatever they’ve been doing isn’t working. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Making him the starter without earning it.

Making him a captain while being one of the worst players and non vocal players on the team.

Sitting him out the pre season.

Bryce has never had to show his dawg mentality,  just like he hasn't had to do it threw his whole football career. He has never been in a situation where everything isnt already great around him, on the field and off. So Asking him to uplift things is just asking too much. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

To be fair Dan and Dave were saddled with him.   No one in the building thinks Bryce has the dawg mentality. Except his weird dad I guess. 

True, but they mounted up of their free will.

It would be great learn about any discussion about contingency plans during the hiring process. If Canales has that positive a mindset would he even go there? 

At some point there had to be "what I'd do for Bryce to get him well" like what he needs etc. I hope they had a plan B agreed on. 

I miss Cam, and having a player like Cam on the team too, but them days are long gone. Hopefully, the next QB we bring in has us feeling those feelings again. I’m ready for my team to start winning again, and I’m ready to be relevant again. Where we are at now sucks. This isn’t fun. 

Bryce is a nice guy, but yea, he has no “dawg” in him whatsoever. 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Beer 5

31 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I miss Cam trucking LBs and DBs. I miss Cam bringing Nat'l attention to the Panthers. I miss Cam smile. I miss Cam outfits. I miss Cam dabbin on folks. I miss Cam throwing to no name WRs. I miss Cam manhandling Josh Norman at practice. I miss Cam having a towel on his head when we loss games. I miss Cam being voted #1 player in the NFL by his peers. I miss Cam bringing that swagger to the franchise.

I can go on and on, but I simply miss Cam.

• Flames 1

54 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

To be fair Dan and Dave were saddled with him.   No one in the building thinks Bryce has the dawg mentality. Except his weird dad I guess. 

That’s another thing…

His parents seem to be attached to his hip at all times. It’s really not a good look and makes you wonder. I’m not sure he’s ever faced true adversity before in his football life. He’s had it pretty easy in high school/Bama. Now for him to finally face some adversity it’s clearly all too much for him

Cam Ward has bounced around a bit. Continuously out to prove himself and continues to do so. Give me a kid who’s been tested before and has come out on top  

Had Bryce gone to some random school like Kansas he’d never have even been drafted 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2