• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper takes the heat, but are Dave Canales & Panthers players to blame?

jayboogieman

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Even if we didn't have turf, players rarely are falling over themselves for a spot on a cellar team unless they are chasing a paycheck.

Sure. I meant it more like, there is no love where in the past guys on the team really did want to do well for JR, pretty sure. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, strato said:

Sure. I meant it more like, there is no love where in the past guys on the team really did want to do well for JR, pretty sure. 

Yeah, his obvious flaws aside there's plenty of former players with positive things to say about JR. It'd probably be pretty hard to find anyone who isn't currently cashing checks from Tepper to speak positively about him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, his obvious flaws aside there's plenty of former players with positive things to say about JR. It'd probably be pretty hard to find anyone who isn't currently cashing checks from Tepper to speak positively about him.

I just had the memory of JR dabbing in the locker room with Cam. and the team.  It is a good one. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would say JR bringing back Hurney had more detriment than anything. Hurney is what led to Rhule.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

Bet JR wouldn’t have hired Rhule though. 

Fair, but it was Hurney who said “we can’t let this guy leave the building”. Don’t know how JR would have reacted to that. 

also JR wouldn’t have paid him what he wanted so you’re probably right.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Beer 1

Just lay blame where it's earned. Tepper has his, DC has his, Evero has his and Young has his. Poop rolls down hill but you can evaluate personal performances to some degree. There isn't going to be fun football so just take your time and blame as it comes up.

Tepper runs a clown show. It's true so far and if anyone wants to change that I'd be happy to see it. That keeps not happening.

Radio fills too much dead time and takes too much from the quality. And also 'we don't know' was such a weak take.

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 2

20 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Fair, but it was Hurney who said “we can’t let this guy leave the building”. Don’t know how JR would have reacted to that. 

also JR wouldn’t have paid him what he wanted so you’re probably right.

I don’t think he would have been interviewed in the first place tbh. 

• Beer 1