• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper takes the heat, but are Dave Canales & Panthers players to blame?

jayboogieman

Everyone deserves blame. But it’s common place for the CEO to take the blame when it turns out the entire business is run on child labor… no difference here. 

and he doesn’t make it any easier by what he says - saying he doesn’t accept mediocrity and such. Talk big game you better back it up or you’re naturally going to get heckled 

• Beer 1

The one constant is Tepper. Put some olive oil in the pan with him heat him up. 

These radio guys get paid by the word. No dead air. They throw so much at the wall and they will usually use the good cop bad cop or pro vs con advocate roles. 

This guy said just now, that the Panthers from last year and the Panthers from this year didn't look different. And kept on talking like it was true.

Really? fuging D looked different. OL looked different. Open WRs that everyone could see were open, different... we know what looked the same.

I find I'd rather get opinions here than from most of the radio jocks. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Tepper is to blame.  He's the one that that made the HC hires. He's the one that pushed for Bryce Young.  Tepper made bad GM hires.  Everyone else is living with his sh*t decisions.

when he hired morgan....i wondered,  morgan could be great, but the odds that he was the best option were low

• Beer 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

when he hired morgan....i wondered,  morgan could be great, but the odds that he was the best option were low

I like Morgan, but chances that he was polar opposites of his friend, mentor and former boss Scott Fitterer were slim.  The draft was going to be a telltale sign for me and he didn't deliver, IMO.  He pretty much got the positions correct, but the dudes we drafted was Fitterer 2.0.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He was the only option. It didn’t sound like any good outside candidates were interested.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. We have near 100% roster turnover since Tepper bought the team and we have over 100% coaching staff and front office staff.

It's very obvious where the primary issue lies.

The draft safaris and the head coach jet set. Yeah. A show. 

But I just remembered something I have been meaning to bring up re the team being flat (that isn't really the reason for Sunday but it IS a big issue and morale suck) 

The fuging turf. They do not want to play on that turf and he makes them. The players have lobbied him. 

But he will put it in for some Euro soccer team.

You think that builds pride and gets guys to want to play for the organization? 

Imma guess, fug no. And then saddles them with a project at QB and swaps out their coaches like I don't know.... new cars. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, strato said:

The draft safaris and the head coach jet set. Yeah. A show. 

But I just remembered something I have been meaning to bring up re the team being flat (that isn't really the reason for Sunday but it IS a big issue and morale suck) 

The fuging turf. They do not want to play on that turf and he makes them. The players have lobbied him. 

But he will put it in for some Euro soccer team.

You think that builds pride and gets guys to want to play for the organization? 

Imma guess, fug no. And then saddles them with a project at QB and swaps out their coaches like I don't know.... new cars. 

Even if we didn't have turf, players rarely are falling over themselves for a spot on a cellar team unless they are chasing a paycheck.