• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales The Sunshine Pumper

I don't have any issue with his personality or demeanor. Also I appreciate the fact he is not just rambling off generic coach speak about all things and goes into detail on X's and O's. Positivity is fine and good but one word we should be hearing more of in relation is accountability. I'm glad Dave is willing to take the brunt of the blame for last Sunday's debacle but the players who claim to like him so much need to put forth a much much better effort this Sunday.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 6

I am not a sunshine and lollipop smoke blower fan. But I think he needs to learn. You cannot keep throwing coaches out like you change your socks. 

A lot of us understood that he had to go through the motions of working with Young. The hope (or fear) was that he could coach him up and draw up plays that would get him to maybe top 20 status. I only saw a couple of people thinking it was going to blossom into what he was drafted to be, but most hoped that he could run a tailored offense and get us to 5 or 6 wins.

I will again say, he (Canales) has proven to help guys that had played well in the league but slipped. 
If can do anything with Young then imagine him working with someone that legit had NFL level tools and potential.

Gotta see it through the same way we saw Bryce through last year  

Edited by strato

No...he took over a mess and is trying to build something successful from it . Im still not cool with pinning the blame on the last coach so im definitely not doing it with him. He just needs the time like every coach deserves and his own damn QB which is the elephant in the room.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

No...he took over a mess and is trying to build something successful from it . Im still not cool with pinning the blame on the last coach so im definitely not doing it with him. He just needs the time like every coach deserves and his own damn QB which is the elephant in the room.

yeah you cannot truly evaluate Canales until he has an actual NFL caliber QB

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Reich was an atrocious hire from the start, so while no one predicted that big of a flameout from the team the failure itself is unsurprising. For that reason I don't really blame Reich either; never should have been hired in the first place.

Now Rhule... Rhule shouldn't have been hired either but that dude was (is) a blowhard. I absolutely blame him for trying to turn Carolina into a college program. 

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Reich was a lackluster hire but he wasn't as bad as he was here.  Much like almost everyone else that's come here since Tepper has owned the team.  Baker Mayfield effect.

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 4.52.06 PM.png

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

better than reich and rhule. 

reich had no personality and just looked old and beaten up right out of the gate. 

rhule was oblivious to everything.

canales might sound positive, but the guy did something i haven't heard any coach do unless they were forced to and that is own a loss, saying that it was on the coaches. every other coach, even the ones we consider the "good ones" either blew it off or threw someone under the bus. 

and i don't want a coach freaking out over one loss, even one that bad. 

And half the HCs in the NFL lost last weekend.

Only only 50% won.