• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper and Canales have meeting after Game 1 loss to discuss state of franchise

Daeavorn

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Nothing gonna be made Into something because people like to be dramatic.

Flame away.

I know what you are saying but I wouldn’t say it’s nothing. We went 2-15 last year and there was some hope that Young might get it. 47-10 later and we need to map out a real rebuild and determine who’s worth saving. I think it’s important (as an owner, I would think this) to trust that my HC isn’t sugar coating and has a plan to develop young guys while looking at 2025 QBs. We know where most people in here will go (meddling, forcing Canales to start Young) but I think this could be a key first meeting to make sure the football guys are on the right path and not trying to put lipstick on a pig. I don’t want Tepper deciding who to draft but after that humiliation, I’d want to sit back and listen to my coach to see what he thinks of where we are now.

• Beer 1

Yeah I think Reich said he had a meeting every Monday after the Sunday games and said those meetings “aren’t necessarily fun but they are helpful and Mr. Tepper just really wants to start winning sooner than later.”

Didnt read the article yet so my bad if this was mentioned in it

Edited by CLG
  • Beer 1

I could certainly be wrong but I think Canales and Morgan will tell Dave or have already told Dave that they can't win with Bryce.

Dan: "It's a big man's game"

Canales: "I want my QB to plant his foot and let it rip" ***Bryce is standing on tippy toes to see over the line

Dave Isn't stupid. Just a matter of time.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I don’t understand why people make such a big deal out of this. All coaches for every team meet with the owner sometime during the week. It isn’t abnormal. 
This has never bothered me. But the Panthers media and fans seemed to think this is some big bad because they hate Tepper. 
Not defending Tepper just think the reaction to these normal meetings with the OWNER of the team are overblown. 

• Pie 1

The GM and HC directly report to him so no surprise. I know it's been reported he is hands off the football stuff but he can't be hands off the management for his employees who report to him. We are about to get a glimpse into what's changed really.

I'm a little surprised DC didn't already bench Young in the 4th. Game was over and it's not his rookie year. Just felt too much like last year but thems just feelings.

8 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I don’t understand why people make such a big deal out of this. All coaches for every team meet with the owner sometime during the week. It isn’t abnormal. 
This has never bothered me. But the Panthers media and fans seemed to think this is some big bad because they hate Tepper. 
Not defending Tepper just think the reaction to these normal meetings with the OWNER of the team are overblown. 

Because it was so bad last year and Reich was transparent early about that and those meetings. It's all about him meddling or micromanaging. If it was simi normal the meetings would be less frequent and more managerial. Don't know yet but I do want to see which way the wind is blowing now.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

that is simply not true, like at all.  We did this conversation last year.

For someone saying they are stepping back and let the football people do there thing and coming off a 2 win season, its pretty concerning the teppers are doing the exact same thing.