• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jay Gruden on Bryce Young: He looks small and plays small

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

ph8j54s1ldod1.thumb.jpeg.d1f7e6cbd926553460ee6b05c8423b39.jpeg

Damn! Jamarcus actually looks slightly better than Bryce in this comparison. That's wild because Jamarcus hardly bothered with memorizing the playbook or watching tape. When it's all said and done, Bryce might end up being the biggest draft bust of all-time considering what we had given up to get him.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

After whiffing so hard on the Young pick if we have the 1st overall pick again my guess is they go with the more traditional pocket passer in Beck this time over the playmaking Ward due to the Young/Stroud disaster. 

Beck is no Stroud and Ward’s playmaking skills would actually translate to the NFL

I honestly am not understanding the love for Beck. Just gives me AJ McCarron vibes of surrounded by elite talent and all he has to do is not F up to win. Hasn't shown me the wow plays that I would look for in a QB I draft #1 overall

I haven't seen enough of Ward, but from what I watched last year his accuracy was concerning. Dude is very athletic though - just not sure what his shelf life will be in the NFL if they make him run it a ton.

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Oh my god, a player universally expected to be a first round d and likely top 15 pick at worst next year had a horrible game the same day his entire team played terribly, take him off draft boards, his career is finished, he’s garbage

He's on my radar now. I'm just holding him accountable. You want the attention well I'm here and I'm watching every week.

In Tmac We Trust!

7 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Was Bryce hurt during the combine? If not, he was the only one who did not participate, which to me, unless he was injured, is odd.  

bryce was at the combine to weigh in, that's it

he showed up in a fat kid hoodie because he'd been doing everything he could to get over 200 pounds, and for that to be his official weight moving forward. there are multiple reports that he played at 165/170 at alabama, and at his pro day after the combine he did not weigh in. No one thought he looked like he weighed 205 there.

if he'd actually tried to run or throw at the combine he wouldn't have been able to do it since he was more pizza than human.

every single person realized this was happening besides david tepper and the fan boys on this forum.

the person in this photo is officialy 5'10 1/8. he weighs maybe 170

bryce backpack.PNG

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

he showed up in a fat kid hoodie because he'd been doing everything he could to get over 200 pounds, and for that to be his official weight moving forward. there are multiple reports that he played at 165/170 at alabama, and at his pro day after the combine he did not weigh in. No one thought he looked like he weighed 205 there.

if he'd actually tried to run or throw at the combine he wouldn't have been able to do it since he was more pizza than human.

every single person realized this was happening besides david tepper and the fan boys on this forum.

bryce backpack.PNG

Yeah he's 5'10 in WWE maybe.  No way he's actually 5'10.

• Pie 2

57 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's on my radar now. I'm just holding him accountable. You want the attention well I'm here and I'm watching every week.

In Tmac We Trust!

That's fine, but just don't pretend a player having the literal worst game of their career means they're no longer an elite prospect, it happens to everyone (hell, look at Marvin Harrison's first game in the league last weekend, guy had 1 catch for 4 yards, but nobody is going to say he's not a future all pro anymore because of it).

Especially in a game where the entire team looked awful, that game was on the coaches.  It's clear the team wasn't motivated, they looked at the game as a bye and many players were kept out of the game with minor injuries that they'd have played through if it was a tough game.  

We have a HUGE game tomorrow against Kansas State, which is still a non conference game since it was set up years ago before we agreed to move to the Big 12.  Think the team was just looking ahead to this big matchup and it screwed them all up.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

In Tmac We Trust!

oh, I did think it was pretty funny to see a mock the other day that had T-Mac going #2, after Hunter going #1, to the Panthers, but as a CB, LOL.

But then the entire mock lost it's credibility when it had Sheduer going like #5 and the first QB off the board, haha

T-Mac's size is why he's the pick over either Hunter or Burden.  If he was just a slow plodding big WR, then I could see the argument for the other two over him, but he's not, he has speed and quickness that you don't often see in players who are also 6'5".

It's a dangerous combo that is going to allow him to dominate the league for years

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

bryce backpack.PNG

Yep, everyone knew it except the people who purposefully didn't want to see it.

It's also the reason why when everyone says, "stop blaming Bryce, he didn't ask for this", I say that's a bullshit response as he 100% gamed his way into being the #1 pick with this.

If he did the drills at the combine next to the other QB's and/or weighed in at his Pro Day significantly lighter than at the combine, then he'd have exposed his major weaknesses that he and his team knew he had, and thus wouldn't have gone #1.

So yes, in the end, he did ask for this as he did everything he could to get selected #1, which you can't blame him for doing so, but because of it, it eliminates people's ability to say, "he didn't ask for this" anymore.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, OldhamA said:

The crazy thing is he was the consensus #1 in the media frenzy leading up to the Draft.

I thought I was taking crazy pills. Everything he struggles with now was all over his film - weak arm, small, slow, couldn't see the middle of the field.

To me you pass on him for a more 'traditionally sized' QB and just hold your hands up if he lives up to the unsustainable hype. 

Instead we tried to be the smartest man in the room and went against all convention.

Eddie LeBaron 60 years ago. The last QB Bryce's size, Eddie was smaller at 5'7", was 60 years ago. There's been a couple thousand QBs in the NFL since then and the last one to have sustained success was 60 years ago. The odds of Bryce making it in the NFL at his size are less than 1/10th of 1%. 

Add in the fact Bryce didn't compete against the other 3 at the combine, showed up much heavier than his actual playing weight, his processing speed vs physical ability at the NFL level, and it was obvious to many of us the books were being cooked. 

Tepper bought the shyt sandwich. We the fans have to eat it. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Yep, everyone knew it except the people who purposefully didn't want to see it.

It's also the reason why when everyone says, "stop blaming Bryce, he didn't ask for this", I say that's a bullshit response as he 100% gamed his way into being the #1 pick with this.

If he did the drills at the combine next to the other QB's and/or weighed in at his Pro Day significantly lighter than at the combine, then he'd have exposed his major weaknesses that he and his team knew he had, and thus wouldn't have gone #1.

So yes, in the end, he did ask for this as he did everything he could to get selected #1, which you can't blame him for doing so, but because of it, it eliminates people's ability to say, "he didn't ask for this" anymore.

nailed it the league GIF by hero0fwar

Thing is, inwardly, everybody in the media knew what he was, not it, and never would be. Short. No arm. Not athletic. Looks like he doesn’t even know where the weight room is. Only thing potentially correctable was technique and decision making. Nothing about him even wispered nfl ready. Nothing.

… but In this era, it’s consensus or termination if you’re one of the peons. Only a chosen few are ok to be dissenters. Once the chosen few turn, it signals to the rest that it’s ok to pile on with the obvious. It happened leading up to the draft. Hype machine cranked up by the chosen few and the peons had to fall in line or else. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

oh, I did think it was pretty funny to see a mock the other day that had T-Mac going #2, after Hunter going #1, to the Panthers, but as a CB, LOL.

But then the entire mock lost it's credibility when it had Sheduer going like #5 and the first QB off the board, haha

T-Mac's size is why he's the pick over either Hunter or Burden.  If he was just a slow plodding big WR, then I could see the argument for the other two over him, but he's not, he has speed and quickness that you don't often see in players who are also 6'5".

It's a dangerous combo that is going to allow him to dominate the league for years

Tall and fast WRs are in every draft.

If your guy is the best WR he will prove it on tape. He had a bad game that's fair. Hopefully those bad games don't become a trend throughout the year. I will be watching tomorrow night that's a fox game.