• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jay Gruden on Bryce Young: He looks small and plays small

9 hours ago, Manna said:

Damn it’s week 2 of the NFL and the 2025 NFL draft is more enticing than the Panthers 

Welcome to Panthers football the last 7 years (including 2024). While winning 5 or 7 games made draft discussion start a little later, the draft is all we have this year. Last year draft discussion would have been huge if we hadn’t traded pick #1. This year is like last year but with our top pick so draft talk starts early, well the top pick and that 47-10 ass kicking.

31 minutes ago, frankw said:

Jamarcus with the higher passer rating more passing TD's and less interceptions.

Woooooooooof.

Yep. It's bad.

I know I said he would be the first pick and I know I said Young would be able to play in the pros, but I didn't think it would be this bad. And I still don't think any of the other rookies would have played well in the poo show last season was because that team was setup for failure, Young should have been better Sunday. Instead, he was worse.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Yep. It's bad.

I know I said he would be the first pick and I know I said Young would be able to play in the pros, but I didn't think it would be this bad. And I still don't think any of the other rookies would have played well in the poo show last season was because that team was setup for failure, Young should have been better Sunday. Instead, he was worse.

I maintain that if we had gotten Stroud he would have been almost, if not, as good as he was with the Texans. A lot of the “poo show” was because of how bad Bryce was. It’s just that many here, in the media, and within the organization wouldn’t admit it and kept making excuses. 

• Pie 6

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah Tmac looks like a stud he had a hell of a game vs Northern Arizona last week a scorching 2 catches for 11 yards!

Sign me up!

Oh my god, a player universally expected to be a first round d and likely top 15 pick at worst next year had a horrible game the same day his entire team played terribly, take him off draft boards, his career is finished, he’s garbage

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

I understand what you're saying but I don't know that it works.  If you sign a gap starter then you probably win a few games and your pick goes from #1 to #9 or something like it seemed like we used to always get.  Then you don't have as many options on your qb for the future. 

Hey, I’m on board starting Bruce through next year to protect the draft pick.  But if things stay like they did in week 1, that just won’t be possible and they’ll have to replace him next year with someone and I’d rather that be a gap starter than blow another 1st round pick in a year with no elite qb prospects 

Look at the Patriots who are playing their gap starter even with the new guy already on the team and they’re going to be terrible.

if we go with a Brissett type of guy next year, with the roster we have, we’re not winning many games anyways

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I maintain that if we had gotten Stroud he would have been almost, if not, as good as he was with the Texans. A lot of the “poo show” was because of how bad Bryce was. It’s just that many here, in the media, and within the organization wouldn’t admit it and kept making excuses. 

Not going to argue the point, but I'll just say I disagree.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That's pretty obvious isn't it? 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Yeah, that part was good

That and them figuring out what people were saying last year that in all that bad, Bryce was a huge part of why it was so bad vs being purely at the mercy of the other bad.