• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Notebook: Bryce Young on reestablishing chemistry with Johnson in Week 2

33 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Crazy how so many would call you a idiot for sayin this just a short while ago.

Hell you could say Stroud and you'd be an idiot after they took Bruce. 

Even posing the possibility that has arm was maybe a question mark brought the hater hammer down. 

(you know, like that velocity thing? I am skeptical and need to see it work was Pitchfork time. Made me want to call him a midget because I knew it would really get to them)

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, strato said:

Even posing the possibility that has arm was maybe a question mark brought the hater hammer down. 

(you know, like that velocity thing? I am skeptical and need to see it work was Pitchfork time)

Has anyone melted down and posted college highlights yet again? lol. I've been off here for the last couple days mostly

• Beer 2

17 minutes ago, strato said:

(you know, like that velocity thing? I am skeptical and need to see it work was Pitchfork time. Made me want to call him a midget because I knew it would really get to them)

I remember leading up to the draft trying to tell people this guy's arm was NFL average at best and IMO was NFL below average and they'd smugly tell me that well all the experts disagree with you, what ya think you're smarter than all of them?

Well... what now?

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I remember leading up to the draft trying to tell people this guy's arm was NFL average at best and IMO was NFL below average and they'd smugly tell me that well all the experts disagree with you, what ya think you're smarter than all of them?

Well... what now?

If people would  have just watched the right video with an unbiased eye, they would have seen.

And it was pointed out, linked to, described in detail numerous times. I am talking about his Pro Day.

I read through an old thread from last year maybe late Sunday night - pretty sure it was pre draft and you were talking about the same thing I was seeing and trying to tell people about.

The run up for the launch. The effort employed to get zip and distance was noted. the mechanics of it. Pointing how the playbook would be limited, especially with very little playing from under center. 

The playbook is inferred, but the mechanics footwork arm strength are on video and tangible evidence. Not speculative.

Those are huge things I never could understand people not even looking. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, strato said:

If people would  have just watched the right video with an unbiased eye, they would have seen.

And it was pointed out, linked to, described in detail numerous times. I am talking about his Pro Day.

I read through an old thread from last year maybe late Sunday night - pretty sure it was pre draft and you were talking about the same thing I was seeing and trying to tell people about.

The run up for the launch. The effort employed to get zip and distance was noted. the mechanics of it. Pointing how the playbook would be limited, especially with very little playing from under center. 

The playbook is inferred, but the mechanics footwork arm strength are on video and tangible evidence. Not speculative.

Those are huge things I never could understand people not even looking. 

What baffled me is how all the media pretty much acknowledged that he had all these physical shortcomings but still convinced themselves that Bryce's mind would be more than enough to compensate. Like... what?

Then fans here would post highlight reels and I'm like, this is what you're hanging your hat on? Actually look at the entirety of the play. There's ten yards of clean field in front of Bryce on nearly every highlight. A WR with five yards of separation on the other end. Hardly anything showing Bryce making plays under pressure throwing to decently covered receivers. THAT is what you have to be able to do in the NFL. That's the typical play in the NFL.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Then fans here would post highlight reels and I'm like, this is what you're hanging your hat on? Actually look at the entirety of the play. There's ten yards of clean field in front of Bryce on nearly every highlight. A WR with five yards of separation on the other end. Hardly anything showing Bryce making plays under pressure throwing to decently covered receivers. THAT is what you have to be able to do in the NFL. That's the typical play in the NFL.

Like exactly what Stroud did vs Georgia. That was basically Stroud vs an NFL defense and should have made him the unquestionable top pick in the draft. Bryce didn't even make the playoffs. and he got a shoulder injury that he didn't play very well after

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What baffled me is how all the media pretty much acknowledged that he had all these physical shortcomings but still convinced themselves that Bryce's mind would be more than enough to compensate. Like... what?

It was all a conspiracy by Tepper and the NFL and media to ensure the team was terrible.

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie