• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Good ol Days

therealmjl

14 minutes ago, Luuuuuuuuuuke59 said:

I remember watching that 4 game stretch with Kyle Allen thinking we had uncovered the next Tom Brady. Then we fell back to earth, hard. It was never quite the same...

I remember watching that and thinking it was all built on smoke and mirrors. It seemed obvious at the time.

Felt the same way with the Darnold 3-0 start.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

I just hope we have a Cam or Jake like presence drop in our laps again. I pray that if that happens, we have the staff to really maximize and take advantage of it. Obvious, I want 2015 and 2003 years again, but I even enjoyed the years of Cam leading up to 2015. We were in those games, and saw growth year after year. 2017 is the last season it’s been fun around here.

Only thing keeping me around is my allegiance to my home state, and me feeling obligated to support the home team. 

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I remember watching that and thinking it was all built on smoke and mirrors. It seemed obvious at the time.

The thing is, those runs show what type of team you have built and how they can bring out some good stretches for even the most faulty QBs.  We had an alright team around Kyle Allen. 

It's too bad we hired Matt Rhule for the "rebuild" after that year, Luke retired, & they realized Cam was shot.  It was just so much at once.  Not to mention TD & Olsen peacing and letting Bradberry walk.  That was our entire core.  

I don't mind we went out and got Bridgewater (didn't draft a QB immediately), but that's when you can't miss on draft picks.  The Matt Rhule hire, and then the 2021 draft/offseason (missing on 9 of 11 draft picks, including Horn at 9, the Darnold trade, and more) was the biggest wrong turn we made in this death spiral.  

• Beer 3

17 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Darnold will fall back to earth this year again after 3 games of setting the world on fire... you watch. 

This goes back to his college days. Dude performs well when there's no pressure. Under the spotlight, he folds.

• Pie 2

I didn't mind Darnold so much, but I was disengaged with the NFL in general I have large issues with that corporation that runs our national sport. 

It was the picking up the option I think, before he did anything (that was stupid). They are so arrogant that they think they know what will happen in advance.

I do too lol but they won't listen.

Edited by strato

3 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

The thing is, those runs show what type of team you have built and how they can bring out some good stretches for even the most faulty QBs.  We had an alright team around Kyle Allen. 

It's too bad we hired Matt Rhule for the "rebuild" after that year, Luke retired, & they realized Cam was shot.  It was just so much at once.  Not to mention TD & Olsen peacing and letting Bradberry walk.  That was our entire core.  

I don't mind we went out and got Bridgewater (didn't draft a QB immediately), but that's when you can't miss on draft picks.  The Matt Rhule hire, and then the 2021 draft/offseason (missing on 9 of 11 draft picks, including Horn at 9, the Darnold trade, and more) was the biggest wrong turn we made in this death spiral.  

I always suspected Luke would have tried to stay if he thought there was a better situation. He didn’t have a thing to prove, and the team was being Tepperized and de-pounded. 

Edited by strato

7 hours ago, TNPanther said:

Darnold will fall back to earth this year again after 3 games of setting the world on fire... you watch. 

This goes back to his college days. Dude performs well when there's no pressure. Under the spotlight, he folds.

I mean, preaching to the choir, brother.

I have never been fooled by that dude post-Jets. It's hilarious that people still buy into him.