• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doesn't need to be a #1 pick at QB in draft

Jmac

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

I think I've moved past caring or being excited about the future.

If we can't figure out how to win this year, I'm probably done.

I honestly just can't take much more. Not sure it's worth it.

I will always be a Panther fan but with Tepper here we won’t be good…ever.  I am pulling for an AFC in the meantime cuz I like the NFL

40 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I will always be a Panther fan but with Tepper here we won’t be good…ever.  I am pulling for an AFC in the meantime cuz I like the NFL

I've been getting tired of the whole thing for a while. I play one ffb league at work only because I like beating on bosses when I can... except I don't really pay attention to much anymore so usually I get beat up.

Aside from that, panthers is the only NFL I end up watching until maybe playoff time and even then I care less and less every year and I can always find better things to do, usually with my family.

I'm tired of being a fan of a losing team. It's just not fun anymore. There's a lot better ways I can spend my time that is more fun.

• Beer 3

59 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Welcome to the bandwagon train!

Been bandwagoning the Ravens for 2 years now. It feels good!

• Flames 1

18 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Drafting a viable QB at #1 probably has a higher percentage of success than later rounds, provided it's not the owner's wife that makes the.. never mind. I see what you mean. Carry on.

It always has. We just pulled a fitter and picked the wrong guy.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, rayzor said:

I've been getting tired of the whole thing for a while. I play one ffb league at work only because I like beating on bosses when I can... except I don't really pay attention to much anymore so usually I get beat up.

Aside from that, panthers is the only NFL I end up watching until maybe playoff time and even then I care less and less every year and I can always find better things to do, usually with my family.

I'm tired of being a fan of a losing team. It's just not fun anymore. There's a lot better ways I can spend my time that is more fun.

Damn, your optimism in the preseason got dashed on the rocks of week 1. I hear you though, been down on Young since last preseason/season and down on our talent level when we allowed Fitterer full control after firing Rhule. I couldn’t stand Fitterer and never got why he should get a chance. Lots of people (some huge posters) were so blinded by Rhule like Tepper that they didn’t see the poo results from Fitterer and here we are. Being a fan of a team that you know is the worst in the league sucks balls, especially when you trade away so much including pick #1 in 2024 and pick #33 in 2025. Hard to have a 2-3 year turn around when you don’t have all the picks. We are talking a good decade of 2-5 wins with two 7 win seasons. 2018-2027. We already know 2024 is in the shitter and most likely 2025. Will we get 8-9 wins in 2026/2027?

10 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Damn, your optimism in the preseason got dashed on the rocks of week 1. I hear you though, been down on Young since last preseason/season and down on our talent level when we allowed Fitterer full control after firing Rhule. I couldn’t stand Fitterer and never got why he should get a chance. Lots of people (some huge posters) were so blinded by Rhule like Tepper that they didn’t see the poo results from Fitterer and here we are. Being a fan of a team that you know is the worst in the league sucks balls, especially when you trade away so much including pick #1 in 2024 and pick #33 in 2025. Hard to have a 2-3 year turn around when you don’t have all the picks. We are talking a good decade of 2-5 wins with two 7 win seasons. 2018-2027. We already know 2024 is in the shitter and most likely 2025. Will we get 8-9 wins in 2026/2027?

i wanted to see improvement. 

i saw nothing positive at all. there was nothing there. nothing to look at and go "hey, you know...it's starting to click" had i seen even a glimmer of it i would feel better, but it seems like he's playing to his size and it's all in his head. 

• Beer 4

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

i saw nothing positive at all. there was nothing there. nothing to look at and go "hey, you know...it's starting to click" had i seen even a glimmer of it i would feel better, but it seems like he's playing to his size and it's all in his head. 

Baby steps. You are getting there. He has name, but not game.

His head is fuged up because he has pushed things to their limit. The tippy toe gimmick and other technique 'customizations' that worked to get him in the mix with the big boys... served him well in the college arena. 

He probably needs to go to Canada or some other league if he wants to play.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I was not optimistic about Bryce working out long term, but I wanted to see some improvement just to prove the coaching staff was the right pick.  Honestly the most disappointing thing for me was how flat the team came out to start the game.  I don't know if they don't believe in their coach or their QB or what's going on.  But typically a new coach will get a free boost for the first game.  I mean even Jeff Saturday won his first game.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I was not optimistic about Bryce working out long term, but I wanted to see some improvement just to prove the coaching staff was the right pick.  Honestly the most disappointing thing for me was how flat the team came out to start the game.  I don't know if they don't believe in their coach or their QB or what's going on.  But typically a new coach will get a free boost for the first game.  I mean even Jeff Saturday won his first game.

It is the QB for sure. They all know there is no chance with Bryce back there.

Edited by Panthera onca
  • Beer 3

18 hours ago, Manna said:

Remember that year we drafted 3 QBs (2010; Jimmy, Armanti, that other guy) and 3 CBs (2016?) to replace Norman? Let's do that with all our picks next draft for a QB. Someone is bound to pan out. 

Considering that none of the 2010 QBs panned out and we had to take another one with the first pick the following year, I’m not loving that idea. 

Armanti was not drafted to be a QB.

All I remember about the CBs is that Gettleman fuged things up at the 11th hour and had to throw poo at the wall to try and cover. I don't remember the sequence exactly, but that was one of the things that turned me against him. 

edit: but we should have taken a QB last year later. Of course Rattler was my favored guy but somebody that has a little something and is young, we should not be afraid to spend a later pick to build a top half QB room top to bottom. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, strato said:

Armanti was not drafted to be a QB.

All I remember about the CBs is that Gettleman fuged things up at the 11th hour and had to throw poo at the wall to try and cover. I don't remember the sequence exactly, but that was one of the things that turned me against him. 

edit: but we should have taken a QB last year later. Of course Rattler was my favored guy but somebody that has a little something and is young, we should not be afraid to spend a later pick to build a top half QB room top to bottom. 

DG recended Norman's tag a week before the draft because Norman was asking for a ginormous contract and he thought he was being smart by avoiding the fight while punishing Normans side for negotiating poorly. They pick 3 CBs forcing it because instead of needing 1 CB they needed 2 starters. Bradbury was good, the other two were not, they were all rookies and that was a messy year even if Bradbury improved. DG and Ron feell out because Norman was his guy. 2016 was rough and the team got built back into a winning record in 2017 but the GM and HC were not working so DG was fired in July and they rehired Hurney. That ended the best stretch of panthers football after that year.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

DG recended Norman's tag a week before the draft because Norman was asking for a ginormous contract and he thought he was being smart by avoiding the fight while punishing Normans side for negotiating poorly. They pick 3 CBs forcing it because instead of needing 1 CB they needed 2 starters. Bradbury was good, the other two were not, they were all rookies and that was a messy year even if Bradbury improved. DG and Ron feell out because Norman was his guy. 2016 was rough and the team got built back into a winning record in 2017 but the GM and HC were not working so DG was fired in July and they rehired Hurney. That ended the best stretch of panthers football after that year.

Historian level recap lol. Thank you. 

I remember the stuff with Norman, he was begging to bypass his agent wasn't he? Dave made up his egotistical mind already.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1