• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s our current vibe if we…?

WarHeel

Not great. The defense was not going to pop up with Wilks, Al Holcomb has proven he is not it at D cord. We would have leaned on CMC to keep the offense running and those wheels will/are going to fall off at some point, it probably also would not have been creative. IMO Wilks would just look like the end of Riveras tenure. 

I like Canales, I think something can be built here. Just gotta give it to end of next season. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, PanthersGTI said:

Not great. The defense was not going to pop up with Wilks, Al Holcomb has proven he is not it at D cord. We would have leaned on CMC to keep the offense running and those wheels will/are going to fall off at some point, it probably also would not have been creative. IMO Wilks would just look like the end of Riveras tenure. 

I like Canales, I think something can be built here. Just gotta give it to end of next season. 

I have a gut about Canales...but its another wait till the next losing season...Detroit is happy we took the loser crown from them.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Wilks best the golden boy Dan Campbell with the playoffs on the line for the Lions. Did so with a lesser talented roster.

Then got beat by the GOAT Brady.

Yeah you just a Wilks hater. Everybody knew we should have hired the HC who was actually trending on the right path despite having the worst owner in the NFL.

It's no surprise we haven't seen any success. This clown Tepper doesn't know football. He hires yes men. Wilks was not a yes man so he had no shot to be hired.

On to the next!

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

I don't hate him. I just don't think he is nearly as good as some people think here. He took over the #1 D in yards and point then it went to 3/8 and then 11/10 for 1 game this year. Is he better than a checked out Reich or a Rhule that should never have got the job? Sure but so is a ton of other guys. 

The one thing we agree on is he isn't a yes man and I do admire that in him. I don't see him as a quality HC hire. I wasn't impressed with his time in Zona and I think he tops out as a solid DC who is a likable guy but way overrated as some kind of savior by people broken by the badness here in Carolina. 

Edit: OMFG I forgot they fired him already. HAHAHAHAHA. Brutal

Edited by Waldo

57 minutes ago, strato said:

I was a Steve Wilks guy too. But I had to admit that he did blow the TB game. Anybody looking for a reason to say no, had it.  
The other thing I felt was valid is who were his coordinators going to be. 
I don’t care for the HC calling the plays. I think it is a little too much for most of them. 

I love the guy though and wish he’d have got another HC shot. 

Remember when he left Keith Taylor on an island manned up on Mike Evans all game with the playoffs on the line?

Wilks showed himself the door

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, mrBdawg said:

Remember when he left Keith Taylor on an island manned up on Mike Evans all game with the playoffs on the line?

Yeah I 'remembered' that in a different post up there somewhere.

11 minutes ago, mrBdawg said:

Then got to a SB the following year as a DC.

Jokes on you.

We are at the bottom. We are a joke. You can't go around making fun of other coaches when we are at the bottom. Mention our name on ESPN and it will be laughs and shaking heads.

Humble yourself 

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Tom Brady

Not many HC's can beat that guy with the playoffs on the line. Cmon my guy the fact we even had a shot to make the playoffs was amazing. That season started terrible do you remember?

Wilks saved us.

He opted to punt to Tom Brady with his career on the line. Yes .500 1980s football is better than what we have now, but that doesn't mean it's good. 

I don't care about what could have been. Does me no good to ponder that poo. Doesn't matter.

I don't really care about the past, either.

if I dwell on it because I'm unhappy with the present, I need to change some things to get out of that rut.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

He opted to punt to Tom Brady with his career on the line. Yes .500 1980s football is better than what we have now, but that doesn't mean it's good. 

Career on the line?

Bro he went to the SB the following season as a DC.

You sound crazy.

2 hours ago, WarHeel said:

Retain Darnold.

Promote Wilkes to HC. 

Retain DJ Moore.

Retain CMC.

Trade Burns for 2 first rounders.

Draft CJ Stroud. 

Note: I suggested all the above. Maybe we don’t win the SB but we sure as hell aren’t the laughing stock of the NFL. 

Middle of the road team. 7-9 wins at best. Remember that is an alternate universe in which Scott Fitterer isn't an idiot and David Tepper doesn't meddle. Not sure that is a realistic fantasy.