• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s our current vibe if we…?

WarHeel

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Wilks got the team playing at a respectable level instantly, given the talent on the roster.  I don't think he's the right coach to take the team to the playoffs and beyond.  But he was good enough to get the team out of the gutter, and provided a damning contrast to Rhule and Reich.

That Bengals game was not respectable.  If he could run on a team yeah he looked good.  He lived and died by that.  We should want something better.  Rhule and Reich clearly were not, but we should TRY to get something better. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

3 minutes ago, strato said:

I was a Steve Wilks guy too. But I had to admit that he did blow the TB game. Anybody looking for a reason to say no, had it.  
The other thing I felt was valid is who were his coordinators going to be. 
I don’t care for the HC calling the plays. I think it is a little too much for most of them. 

I love the guy though and wish he’d have got another HC shot. 

Tom Brady

Not many HC's can beat that guy with the playoffs on the line. Cmon my guy the fact we even had a shot to make the playoffs was amazing. That season started terrible do you remember?

Wilks saved us.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

That Bengals game was not respectable.  If he could run on a team yeah he looked good.  He lived and died by that.  We should want something better.  Rhule and Reich clearly were not, but we should TRY to get something better. 

The team played with more spunk for Wilks than they ever did for Reich.  That's all I'm saying.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

You had to stop one play.
You are a defensive guy, a secondary guy. 

You fail not once, but at least twice on the same play. After being burned on it like, 10 minutes ago. 
Tom Brady Tom Schmady

the world is cruel sometimes

Edited by strato

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Oh no doubt.  Reich and Rhule...

Wilks does not have it on the X's and O's side or making adjustments in game.  He could not play the chess match at all.  It was old school, pound the rock football with vanilla defense.  He lived and mostly died by that.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Wilks got the team to play to their ability better than the last few clowns. 
They were not going to beat the top teams, no. 
But the whole thing was so much better feeling than anything else since when we used to be good. 

Edited by strato

15 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Wilks got the team playing at a respectable level instantly, given the talent on the roster.  I don't think he's the right coach to take the team to the playoffs and beyond.  But he was good enough to get the team out of the gutter, and provided a damning contrast to Rhule and Reich.

There were highs and lows. The highs gave me hope. The lows (Bengals game Steelers game last Bucs game) made me realize ultimately he was a rehash of Ron Rivera. There are times that can work. But the league has changed.

More than anything I think we as fans when thinking the grass is greener have to consider just how bad this whole situation is for any coach. All roads go back to Tepper.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

There were highs and lows. The highs gave me hope. The lows (Bengals game Steelers game last Bucs game) made me realize ultimately he was a rehash of Ron Rivera. There are times that can work. But the league has changed.

More than anything I think we as fans when thinking the grass is greener have to consider just how bad this whole situation is for any coach. All roads go back to Tepper.

I think that's pretty accurate.  Wilks can't cut it at the highest levels.  It requires out adjusting your opponents.  You can't just line up and beat the other team.  It's why the 49ers fired him as DC.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I think that's pretty accurate.  Wilks can't cut it at the highest levels.  It requires out adjusting your opponents.  You can't just line up and beat the other team.  It's why the 49ers fired him as DC.

If we are wanting Wilks, we would have been better off just keeping Rivera.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Wilks does not have it on the X's and O's side or making adjustments in game.  He could not play the chess match at all.  It was old school, pound the rock football with vanilla defense.  He lived and mostly died by that.

I’d take that over whatever the hell we run these days.

Moore and CMC saw the writing on the wall..and were clearly disgruntled and wanted out....due to a dipsht Dipper controlling sht on a whim. but lets play along. Fug Darnold...shoulda kept Mayfield... who could we have gotten with 2 number one picks for Burns? Prolly some good sht but it would have been totally squandered under this org...Like ketchup on a steak...  I was totally against Stroud cause I'm an OSU fan...those QBs never turn out to the hype but I was clearly wrong....(nother bitch, Day didn't know what he had, but thats another story). OSU QBs usually don't amount to much...just analytics. Fitt totally gutted this team of talent and I wouldnt trust him making a PBandJ.... In 2021, had we done nothing we would have been better off...I mean a monkey throwing darts would have done better....you couldn't screw things up this bad if you tried.

Forgot...Wilks always seems to be the scapgoat. Hes had solid performance.

Edited by Johnstonny