• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s our current vibe if we…?

WarHeel

Retain Darnold.

Promote Wilkes to HC. 

Retain DJ Moore.

Retain CMC.

Trade Burns for 2 first rounders.

Draft CJ Stroud. 

Note: I suggested all the above. Maybe we don’t win the SB but we sure as hell aren’t the laughing stock of the NFL. 

I'm not down on Canales because he can't make an inherited Young serviceable by week 1 of first season.

The other moves decisions are sound but not going to say I'd prefer Wilkes. Nobody else has preferred Wilkes.

• Pie 4

I think it's important in these times to maintain perspective and not try to compare suckage too much. Just because we sucked less doesn't mean we were better off.

Darnold was not the answer. Sooner or later the Vikings will learn this too. Is he currently better than Bryce Young? Well yeah who isn't at this point?

As far as Wilks goes he's a good man with ties to our community whom I respect. But he's been fired how many times now? And this is the same man whose team was curb stomped by the Bengals with Baker Mayfield whom now looks like a franchise QB down in Tampa. Other than the Detroit game that was all running game what did we accomplish under him?

In order to turn this franchise around we have to use different pieces from the past as lessons in order to learn and adapt going forward. There isn't any one piece that is going to solve our dilemma.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

People were killing me for suggesting we keep Darnold/Wilks.

The entire NFL was wondering why Tepper didn't give the HC job to Wilks. Even the team wanted him back. This clown Tepper said no thanks.

Y'all flamed me for suggesting we need stars. So when we trade all of our stars you wonder why this team is borderline unwatchable. We don't have any elite players folks!

Shame on you all for not listening to little ole CamWhoaaCam

• Pie 3

It really doesn't matter, we haven't been able to develop talent for years.  We get the bare minimum out of players.  When that bare minimum is enough to create market value they move out for another team at which point they generally perform even better under real coaching.  

There's no culture or tenured leadership in the building and it affects everything.  No one looks around the room and feels certain they'll even be together next year or that the message they're being sold will even last half a season.

The real thing we should be hoping for is for better leadership.  Until we get that the players might as well be nameless faces shoveling sand in a turnstile factory.

Edited by Newtcase

I think it starts at firing Rhule after year 2. There is no Wilks and they throw major money at McD but end up Pederson. For GM Berry or Poles (who took this team to the woodshed) I guess. 

You can go back to the Rhule hire and just say fire Hurney with Rivera and see what Tepper does without that in his ear too. 

Any way you look at it Wilks isn't high on any list in this game of 'what if'.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I think it starts at firing Rhule after year 2. There is no Wilks and they throw major money at McD but end up Pederson. For GM Berry or Poles (who took this team to the woodshed) I guess. 

You can go back to the Rhule hire and just say fire Hurney with Rivera and see what Tepper does without that in his ear too. 

Any way you look at it Wilks isn't high on any list in this game of 'what if'.

Wilks best the golden boy Dan Campbell with the playoffs on the line for the Lions. Did so with a lesser talented roster.

Then got beat by the GOAT Brady.

Yeah you just a Wilks hater. Everybody knew we should have hired the HC who was actually trending on the right path despite having the worst owner in the NFL.

It's no surprise we haven't seen any success. This clown Tepper doesn't know football. He hires yes men. Wilks was not a yes man so he had no shot to be hired.

On to the next!

24 minutes ago, frankw said:

As far as Wilks goes he's a good man with ties to our community whom I respect. But he's been fired how many times now? And this is the same man whose team was curb stomped by the Bengals with Baker Mayfield whom now looks like a franchise QB down in Tampa. Other than the Detroit game that was all running game what did we accomplish under him?

Wilks got the team playing at a respectable level instantly, given the talent on the roster.  I don't think he's the right coach to take the team to the playoffs and beyond.  But he was good enough to get the team out of the gutter, and provided a damning contrast to Rhule and Reich.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Wilks best the golden boy Dan Campbell with the playoffs on the line for the Lions. Did so with a lesser talented roster.

Then got beat by the GOAT Brady.

Yeah you just a Wilks hater. Everybody knew we should have hired the HC who was actually trending on the right path despite having the worst owner in the NFL.

It's no surprise we haven't seen any success. This clown Tepper doesn't know football. He hires yes men. Wilks was not a yes man so he had no shot to be hired.

On to the next!

I was a Steve Wilks guy too. But I had to admit that he did blow the TB game. Anybody looking for a reason to say no, had it.  
The other thing I felt was valid is who were his coordinators going to be. 
I don’t care for the HC calling the plays. I think it is a little too much for most of them. 

I love the guy though and wish he’d have got another HC shot.