• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question - Will Bryce Young be the Panthers' QB the next time Derrick Brown plays?

Bear Hands

Question - Will Bryce Young be the Panthers' QB the next time Derrick Brown plays?   

92 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bryce Young be our starting QB the next time Derrick Brown suits up? 

On 9/11/2024 at 1:00 PM, Shotgun said:

Every time we see Young on the field it is Tepper forcing it. I cant imagine any football person choosing Young as the starter. 

And when Reich rebelled, it got real dicey. He did want to bench him, I bet you he wanted to sit him to start the year. 

• Beer 1

On 9/11/2024 at 2:36 PM, frankw said:

We can't know how long this will be allowed to continue. Any observer can say yeah keep starting Bryce Young ride out the season. But there's a big picture involved and a full roster of players whose careers are hanging in the balance. Not everyone wants to continue on with a sinking ship. You have to give your locker room and your fans some light at the end of the tunnel. The investment made in BY is already a sunk cost. Any decisions made now should always be about the good of the team.

Sure if he just continues to play like he did last week, but that was quite literally the worst game of his career. I don’t know how much better it gets, but I doubt it’s as bad as last week moving forward. More likely than not I think they see what they have and make a decision at the end of the year.

28 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

Sure if he just continues to play like he did last week, but that was quite literally the worst game of his career. I don’t know how much better it gets, but I doubt it’s as bad as last week moving forward. More likely than not I think they see what they have and make a decision at the end of the year.

In my mind Bryce Young already made the decision for them. If you are in the Panthers front office or on staff and you value your job security you already now know that we are going QB round 1 next year no matter what. There will be an open competition whether Bryce remains on the roster or not. This aura of complacency and comfortability around the most consequential position on the roster has to change because so far all it has produced is the worst team in all of professional sports.

• Pie 1

I really don’t mean to give a non answer but I really believe the answer is contingent on the rest of the college season. We will pretty surely be drafting top 2. 

I assume the giants are the other team. If we are drafting at 2 and there is a college qb that is a bona fide prospect (Jayden Daniels) then we draft him no question. 

if the qb class is a tossup I think we rerun with Bryce and draft a cornerstone of our defense 

16 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

I really don’t mean to give a non answer but I really believe the answer is contingent on the rest of the college season. We will pretty surely be drafting top 2. 

I assume the giants are the other team. If we are drafting at 2 and there is a college qb that is a bona fide prospect (Jayden Daniels) then we draft him no question. 

if the qb class is a tossup I think we rerun with Bryce and draft a cornerstone of our defense 

There are 4 clear cut potential 1sts as far as I'm concerned:

Beck, Allar, Ward, & Ewers

Beck and Ward seem to be on the smoothest tracks.  Allar and Ewers have all the tools but need to keep it up.  They've been known to get a bit erratic/development this year is key.  

For others...McCord is on my watch list.  I won't include Dart because I can't take another Ole Miss QB after Corral.  Don't really feel Sanders either.  They're all 2nd Rd or lower for me.  

Gut tells me there's 3-4 1st rounders in this draft.  

• Pie 1

On 9/12/2024 at 9:02 PM, frankw said:

In my mind Bryce Young already made the decision for them. If you are in the Panthers front office or on staff and you value your job security you already now know that we are going QB round 1 next year no matter what. There will be an open competition whether Bryce remains on the roster or not. This aura of complacency and comfortability around the most consequential position on the roster has to change because so far all it has produced is the worst team in all of professional sports.

Let be honest here. There is no such thing as job security under Tepper, regardless of what they do with Bryce.