• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question - Will Bryce Young be the Panthers' QB the next time Derrick Brown plays?

Bear Hands

Question - Will Bryce Young be the Panthers' QB the next time Derrick Brown plays?   

92 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bryce Young be our starting QB the next time Derrick Brown suits up? 

Just now, MGH1989 said:

No one is asking you to believe it my guy. I’m not saying it’s likely he even becomes good and that fact is solidified if he keeps playing bad. I’m saying the organization is going to fully evaluate him through this year and will make a decision, regardless of whether you think it’s a closed case. Why does that fact upset you?

We can't know how long this will be allowed to continue. Any observer can say yeah keep starting Bryce Young ride out the season. But there's a big picture involved and a full roster of players whose careers are hanging in the balance. Not everyone wants to continue on with a sinking ship. You have to give your locker room and your fans some light at the end of the tunnel. The investment made in BY is already a sunk cost. Any decisions made now should always be about the good of the team.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

We can't know how long this will be allowed to continue. Any observer can say yeah keep starting Bryce Young ride out the season. But there's a big picture involved and a full roster of players whose careers are hanging in the balance. Not everyone wants to continue on with a sinking ship. You have to give your locker room and your fans some light at the end of the tunnel. The investment made in BY is already a sunk cost. Any decisions made now should always be about the good of the team.

That’s the issue. YOU believe it to be a sunk cost. Ergo if you have come to that conclusion of course you would move on. It’s very likely that no one in that building has come to that conclusion and will let it play out, likely the rest of the year. That’s the point.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

I agree you can’t tank with Bryce. Canales will lose the team if he does. 

Bring in Cam

Weather he plays the rest of the season or not, I think they will know internally after this game if he is the guy or not. Your QB has to respond, there is enough there to not look like last year. It truly falls all on him now. 

If it was me : Bryce laugh after another pick and you can stay your ass on the bench, good luck on your next team. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

Are we sure he was laughing? 

And some people deal with stress by cracking a joke or laugh to keep from crying etc etc

If he truly didn't give a poo ha ha ha, yeah. Damn right say that to him. 

I mean that is true, but whatever 

angry blake anderson GIF by Team Coco

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I agree you can’t tank with Bryce. Canales will lose the team if he does. 

Bring in Cam

I think he deserves a workout if he wants to play. If his arm has healed or something to the point he can throw it deep? 

Turning to him this year? Nah not so fair to him or us. But for real if he could somehow be a viable player you really should check him out. 

2 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

The only reason I still watch is for the hilarity of the train wreck. I want to see how bad it can get. I used to get mad when they lost games, now I just laugh. I want them to lose in the worst way possible once it appears the game is out of reach. I want Tepper to suffer maximum embarrassment for ruining something I used to love.

Well, you'll be the only type who's satisfied with the results every week!

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, strato said:

I think he deserves a workout if he wants to play. If his arm has healed or something to the point he can throw it deep? 

Turning to him this year? Nah not so fair to him or us. But for real if he could somehow be a viable player you really should check him out. 

There is no healing the arm and he hasn't played in the NFL for quite some time now.

There is no reason to revisit this chapter. 

I highly doubt Cam has any interest in this shitshow, for that matter.

• Pie 1

The "if he wants to play" words have meaning. I happened to see a clip of him talking about playing just this morning. 

I am no doctor and don't know what exactly is it that can't at least get better - if not heal back to original condition? 

It be funny to see him and Young in pads next to each other. (if that sounds like pining, it isn't, I don't favor or consider that being an option for 2024)

Edited by strato

1 hour ago, strato said:

Don't even need him to play. He was a good presence for Mac Jones.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

There is no healing the arm and he hasn't played in the NFL for quite some time now.

There is no reason to revisit this chapter. 

I highly doubt Cam has any interest in this shitshow, for that matter.

According to him he’s healthy. And what are we basing Cam on .. playing for Rhule behind a garbage line in ‘21?

Amazing to me so many don’t want to give Cam the benefit of the doubt