• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question - Will Bryce Young be the Panthers' QB the next time Derrick Brown plays?

Bear Hands

Question - Will Bryce Young be the Panthers' QB the next time Derrick Brown plays?   

92 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bryce Young be our starting QB the next time Derrick Brown suits up? 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Just like they kept Teddy and Baker around. Sam's 5th year option forced their hand. Or Cam. 

I think they ship him off for anything they can get to just get him out of here. A conditional 7th sounds about right. 

They could trade him but cutting will not be an option because the cap hit would be unnecessary.

• Beer 1

It seems that as an organization, we want to prove our choice was the right choice for the organization. I'm just not sure how long that mentality will last. What I do know is that , right now in his career, Bryce Young can not make the reads, pocket movements, look of Safety's and make a 45 yard high arching pass that drops in his receivers arms pretty much in stride...

11 hours ago, strato said:

Can't ignore the entire gaslight media and NFL insider type people that said it was literally everything else. All he needed was ... everything just right. But they have almost all changed their tunes in a week. Obedient weathervanes that they are. 

The Buffalo preseason script was only just over two weeks ago. Which was pretty good but people just ran with it. Like we are running with what we are running with now, to be fair. 

Here it is though: as soon as stuff gets real he shows you that meandering drop stuff. And you know the re-training hasn't taken. (or, you should know).

Not that it is an easy thing, but right now he ain't doing it. I don't expect that to work, really. You have to deal with what he is and get the most out of it somehow. 

No one cares what the media says, its all bullshit.

No other coach/GM combo was going to come in here and just have Bust Young as the only QB talent and im pretty damn sure they told Tepper as much.

Tepper is still running this ship or we would have some viable option for when Young gets benched, not an old ass Dalton and a terrible Jack Plummer. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I think 2 more stinkers in a row is about all Tepper will be able to stomach before he loses it.

We had to give bryce the benefit of the doubt.  We gave him an OL, WRs, etc. I did not know where he was developmentally and assumed that he would be able to pick up on blitzes, had better footwork, and would be getting the ball out on time.  NOPE.

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

No other coach/GM combo was going to come in here and just have Bust Young as the only QB talent and im pretty damn sure they told Tepper as much.

Tepper is still running this ship or we would have some viable option for when Young gets benched, not an old ass Dalton and a terrible Jack Plummer. 

I felt all along they were rejecting real competition, intentionally. Yeah. And I don't know what you do if you are a coach in this situation. You get into head games and not on field results when you reject any threats to the incumbent. 

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

They could trade him but cutting will not be an option because the cap hit would be unnecessary.

It could happen because Tepper is petty AF. I think it's a trade and DM would be happy to pull that trigger shortly to get it away from him. 

15 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

We had to give bryce the benefit of the doubt.  We gave him an OL, WRs, etc. I did not know where he was developmentally and assumed that he would be able to pick up on blitzes, had better footwork, and would be getting the ball out on time.  NOPE.

I don't disagree with any of of that. Young was going to get this season to show what he can do with a better supporting cast on offense. It was the right thing to do. But I'm sure it hinged on him having a much better showing than he did in the first game. He cannot afford another one of those type games. I also think Canales got the spotlight turned up on himself as well, and not in a good way.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The proof will be in what DM and DC is allowed to do going forward. I'm exhausted with holding up PR BS or fighting the possibility that's what it was all along. This organization has zero credibility still. 

16 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

He is at the very least going to be the QB through this season. It’s obviously trending very badly, but it’s one week into his sophomore year. Anyone who wants Dalton to play is kidding themselves. The organization is going to evaluate what they have. Next year really depends on how well Bryce does. Also, next years QB draft isn’t great right now, but I can’t foreclose that someone like Carson Beck rises as an elite prospect depending on his play.

The team shouldn’t draft a QB unless they think it’s a franchise guy. Also, we saw the poo show Bryce was dropped into, you want that again? If Bryce is just okay they likely go into next season with him and a vet to compete in camp. Best case Bryce balls out this year makes us forget about week 1 and we forget about this discussion.

15 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

That’s fine. No one is enjoying this, but that isn’t reality and it isn’t gonna happen. They are gonna evaluate him the rest of year regardless if you enjoy it or not.

I remember how condescending you've been over the last year to anyone that had doubts about him as a franchise QB. Here you are still making excuses.

At this point Bryce "balling out" anywhere is a sheer fantasy. His best game to date was followed up by a blowout loss to a team missing their starting QB. The only people that believe this are his parents and his agent.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, frankw said:

I remember how condescending you've been over the last year to anyone that had doubts about him as a franchise QB. Here you are still making excuses.

At this point Bryce "balling out" anywhere is a sheer fantasy. His best game to date was followed up by a blowout loss to a team missing their starting QB. The only people that believe this are his parents and his agent.

granted its twitter but there are still quite a few folks on there that still think Bryce is going to "cook"

which I mean is sheer fantasy based on highlights from 3 years ago, some people really have to understand that just because you were good in college doesnt mean you will be good in the nfl.  Especially if you are incredibly undersized