• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question - Will Bryce Young be the Panthers' QB the next time Derrick Brown plays?

Bear Hands

Question - Will Bryce Young be the Panthers' QB the next time Derrick Brown plays?   

92 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bryce Young be our starting QB the next time Derrick Brown suits up? 

1 hour ago, strato said:

Do you remember the number of people that were thrilled to trade all that and pick Bryce? They were happy. They shouted down any dissent, just like in the real world. 

We'd end up the same. I do wish he would post here. LOL. 

edit: If Fowler is right, that is pretty great. I don't trust him though. 

bro.. this the real world?

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, MGH1989 said:

That’s fine. No one is enjoying this, but that isn’t reality and it isn’t gonna happen. They are gonna evaluate him the rest of year regardless if you enjoy it or not.

I guess my perspective is more, it might not take the whole year. If it doesn't what is the best thing? I am thinking a reasonable time to break in the rookies, to gel the OL working in sync especially pass protection, and just to give everyone a chance.. you probably get Brooks on the field. Etc. 

If he can make that work by week 8 or 9,  keep running him out there. That is fair. 

But, if he stinks up the home field it won't be so forgiving. (may not make week 9)

Week one (in a year) we did not expect to win a bunch to start with, but we expected some improvement. Most people, I guess I am saying. Obviously there are diverse viewpoints. 

The most reasonable people, IMO, have said they are not concerned with the record they just want to see some positive from 9. I'm in agreement. But he showed less than nothing after months of preparation. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

55 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I didn't read the entire piece by Fowler but don't they still report to him? Are there still weekly meetings? He hired them that's for sure. 

It's like with the draft PR. It all looked intentional and almost like an alibi, that weird bar sign skit thingy sticks out. I know he wanted new faces to negotiate the stadium deal because of the bridges he's burnt locally but it always looked like a PR facelift to me. They promoted the AGM and then hired his friend with a consultant firm and Jim Caldwell. 

If any of that is really true then they shouldn't have to play Young and it's in their hands to make the choice right? The entire thing is hilariously not genuine to me on any level. They can't do this but Tepper isn't hands on the operations now? That seems to be a hands on type thing so which is it really because the entire Byce thing becomes proof it was always BS to some extent. 

If he is going to axe someone it won't be DC first. Caldwell would be a warning shot and Morgan or Evero would be next is my guess. 

They will not survive if they keep looking the way the did on Sunday. I'm sure Tepper doesn't care who's the qb is by now as long as they are winning.  Young is a sunk cost and some point they will have to stop the bleeding on offense if he craps the bed many more games. Now the defense is another matter that's being overlooked because Young is all the rage. This team is soft and that's on the coaches.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

i was being generous

I mean 0-8 or 0-10 would be some crazy ass content for sure.   Maybe that would finally push the teppers into hiding

After watching Sunday, I'd consider 1 miraculous. 

The simple truth is Bryce isn't ready to be an NFL starter. This really feels like Tepper trying to prove he's right vs Canales getting to do what he knows is right. 

1 hour ago, MGH1989 said:

That’s fine. No one is enjoying this, but that isn’t reality and it isn’t gonna happen. They are gonna evaluate him the rest of year regardless if you enjoy it or not.

False .. Bryce's bitch ass is out by October, that's the reality.

While it's not what I would do I'd say the chances are pretty high (>50%)

a.) this is not a good QB draft

b.) Tepper, despite his reputation, does not like to admit he is wrong about anything and he went all the fug in on Bryce. I mean he gave Matt Rhule three years when it was obvious after year 2 Rhule was done 

c.) I pray Dan Morgan uses this to talk some sense into Tepper saying look we desperately need to build the team up, let's take our lumps acquire more picks and build the team around him BUT we will sign a veteran in case we need to bail on Bryce next season 

Then we draft a legit QB in 2026 and hopefully break out of this hell cycle 

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They will not survive if they keep looking the way the did on Sunday. I'm sure Tepper doesn't care who's the qb is by now as long as they are winning.  Young is a sunk cost and some point they will have to stop the bleeding on offense if he craps the bed many more games. Now the defense is another matter that's being overlooked because Young is all the rage. This team is soft and that's on the coaches.

Yeah Evero has to be the hottest coaching seat.

I'm not sold on Tepper not caring. If this all truely falls on DM and DC then they are not going to survive long anyways. Hard to overcome such a bad start and facing a pissed of HC next game. Yeash

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

b.) Tepper, despite his reputation, does not like to admit he is wrong about anything and he went all the fug in on Bryce. I mean he gave Matt Rhule three years when it was obvious after year 2 Rhule was done 

c.) I pray Dan Morgan uses this to talk some sense into Tepper saying look we desperately need to build the team up, let's take our lumps acquire more picks and build the team around him BUT we will sign a veteran in case we need to bail on Bryce next season 

You might be right, and that is a 5 year setback at the minimum. 6 maybe. 

Worst case. And predictable. 

• Pie 1

Personally, I think he ends up improving slightly but nothing major that matters yet just enough to make them think that he gets next season as well. He perhaps has one good game and some mediocre games and some stinkers and is just enough to make us keep him next season but not enough to validate him being a number 1 pick. This will cause them to keep Bryce as starter next season up into about half way through at which time he is replaced by anyone and never starts again. I know, my scenario is sick and twisted but honestly the past number of years have been sick and twisted so this could be par for the course.

• Beer 1

That is worst case. Or close enough.

I think I am going to go find a replay of a good team playing. I sort of watched Colts/Texans it was entertaining and 'super' depressing at the same time. 

Hmmm. where are the most ex Panthers playing? 

21 minutes ago, strato said:

You might be right, and that is a 5 year setback at the minimum. 6 maybe. 

Worst case. And predictable. 

best case scenario is we get extremely lucky like Chicago and some team gives a kings ransom for one this year and we go loaded into the 2026 draft. Will still likely not be good until 2027 so yea based on when we drafted Bryce 

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

Lol, "In case we need to bail on Bryce next season"

We needed to bail on him this season....but unfortunately we had traded our #1 pick away already... 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1