• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Serious Question. What Happened To This Site?

NJPanthers12

This is not me trolling or just being an ass for no reason, but seriously, what happened to this site?

i use to be on here religiously and there would be multiple new threads daily all throughout the year. Obviously the state of the team has been nothing short of a disaster, but it is nowhere near as active as it use to be. Especially in the off-season

Also, the functionality of this site is as bad as I have ever seen. The ads are nonstop. This site is brutal to use on my phone. It is also not much better on my laptop. This site is consistently crashing my browser which has does not happen with any other sites.

finally, what is with the threads from the panthers website? They take up unnecessary room and never have any follow up discussion in those threads.

did igo sell this site? Did he just disappear and no longer gives a crap about it? I’m genuinely not trying to be a jerk. Didn’t always see eye to eye with him, but there was zero argument that he ran a great site. My only guess is that it’s under new onwership.

We are mostly the leftovers. A few fossils, some X, Millenial and older Z who did not migrate to reddit, discord or wherever the heck kids complain about their sport teams these days. 

Message boards are a dying breed. Enjoy it while it’s still here. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

We are mostly the leftovers. A few fossils, some X, Millenial and older Z who did not migrate to reddit, discord or wherever the heck kids complain about their sport teams these days. 

Message boards are a dying breed. Enjoy it while it’s still here. 

Eh idk if I agree with message boards being a dying breed. If you’re a hockey fan, hfboards are extremely active for all teams and general hockey. 

RealGM is extremely active for basketball teams. I am a Mets fan and there are very active Mets message boards. 247/rivals/on3 whole business model is based off active message boards. There is Definitley a demand for message boards still.

i understand it being slower with the state of the team but this entire board has gone down hill. The ads are unbearable.

Just now, NJPanthers12 said:

Eh idk if I agree with message boards being a dying breed. If you’re a hockey fan, hfboards are extremely active for all teams and general hockey. 

RealGM is extremely active for basketball teams. I am a Mets fan and there are very active Mets message boards. 247/rivals/on3 whole business model is based off active message boards. There is Definitley a demand for message boards still.

i understand it being slower with the state of the team but this entire board has gone down hill. The ads are unbearable.

I don’t see many ads - not just saying that bc I’m a mod. And yeah, some of the larger general sports boards are still out there but even the largest boards there ever were have shuttered (I.e IMDB off the top of my head). Digital Third Space is simply occupied on other platforms these days.

So I’ll double down to say it’s surviving past its expiration date off of who remains from the fan base of the worst team in the league that had two memorable stretches in the past 25 years. 

I imagine JI could’ve handed it off or shut it, but he keeps it open when it’s basically a hefty and unnecessary bill from Invision, so I find that pretty nice. 

Going to lock for now as I don’t see this going much further. Not hating on your thread, but let’s just try to make it fun while we can in here haha.

well, it's 2024.  Message boards aren't how the youngsters talk sports.  I would assume the average age here skews older.  Folks that enjoy the routine banter/discussion with familiar nameless accounts that brings some consistency to actual discussion vs the one and done yelling into the void of bigger social media.   

plus, we suck and have for a long time at this point.  Most Panther fans wouldn't even recognize our best player at this point out on the streets.  Outside of maybe noticing  that random fella is quite large and moving on with your shopping trip.