• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You want to earn a easy $1k this weekend?

TheBigKat

2 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

Bless your heart, you still don't get it. LOL

LOL ROTFLMAO

This garbage team beat the playoff Texans last year, like I said anything is possible and people should really learn from overreacting from week 1 by now 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, amcoolio said:

LOL ROTFLMAO

This garbage team beat the playoff Texans last year, like I said anything is possible and people should really learn from overreacting from week 1 by now 

Overreacting?  We have scored 18 or fewer points in 12 of our last 13 games.

And the defense is much worse than it was last year.  Derrick Brown's injury all but guaranteed it.

They might have the worst position group at every level outside of the OL.  QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, DL, LBs, DBs... you name it. Name a team with a worse position group at those spots.  We're at least bottom 3/5 in all of them.

This is what happens when you trade all your best players for *checks notes* NOTHING and between 2019-2023 drafted nothing but straight garbage outside of Brian Burns (who we traded) and Derrick Brown (on IR). Jaycee Horn if you want to throw him in there, but he's been hurt every year.  

I don't think anyone is overreacting to Week 1.  Week 1 just took all the hopium out of us and now we see this team for what it really is.  And it ain't a pretty sight to see.  The season will be more enjoyable when you accept you are about to witness history.  

• Pie 4

3 hours ago, amcoolio said:

LOL ROTFLMAO

That is a long standing rule of mine. I would defend that hill.

But I 'over' reacted last year because I had never seen such... and I wasn't wrong at all. It was ugglee from day 1-365. They say the exception proves the rule. I couldn't say, but that poo was an exception alright. Because first week was absolutely a barometer. 

Sunday just felt a lot like that, but more focused on the one guy who fell way short of meeting expectations. Who knows. 

Just like the saying that it is never as bad as it looks nor as good as it look... maybe yes maybe no. 

• Beer 1

I'm very rarely surprised by any Vegas line, those guys really know what they're doing and are usually spot on. But damn, -5.5 is a bit shocking. Defense is gutted, Brown out now too, BY still looks like absolute trash, rookie coach in his 2nd game. Chargers aren't world beaters, but neither are the Saints and they beat us like a red headed step child.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I'm very rarely surprised by any Vegas line, those guys really know what they're doing and are usually spot on. But damn, -5.5 is a bit shocking. Defense is gutted, Brown out now too, BY still looks like absolute trash, rookie coach in his 2nd game. Chargers aren't world beaters, but neither are the Saints and they beat us like a red headed step child.

I don't know. Week one has the track record of not being bankable across the board. 

I think what I would say is this is an example of the oddsmakers moving the line to get action on Carolina. Because people won't bite without it. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1