• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Waldman on Panthers offense

1 hour ago, Mage said:

They did look better, but only because the bar was set so low.  They only had 13 points entering the 4th quarter.  Andy Dalton averaged 6.2 Y/A that game, which is better than Bryce, but among qualified passers would have ranked 29th in the league in 2023 (tied with Zach Wilson).  People focus a lot on the passing yards but seem to forget we threw the ball 58 times.  We had 44 rushing yards. The only reason we got to 27 points is because the game was well out of reach.  

Again, not saying it didn't look better.  But it still sucked, it was just a different flavor of suck.

Yes. That is a very tough place to play and Dalton had the same guards blocking that Young did; I didn't think he would last but so many weeks before needing medical attention.

[the bar being set low, definitely. Any time I watched another team last season they looked better. Didn't take much to do that, you lose perspective if all you watched was the Panthers last year.]

It was none of the yardage or anything, it was about throwing downfield. Because we saw piss poor downfield for the first two games. It dominated the list of issues - in my head anyway. That early, we were seeing the offense for the first time or brand new and it was dysfunctional looking. Unbalanced. Missing that necessary component. Where was it? We saw it added back in with Dalton at the wheel. 

The 58 passes? No we don't want that kind of game. That goes to the different flavor of suck. 

But just seeing a deep throw that had a chance, felt much better.

Edited by strato

20 hours ago, MechaZain said:

I hear you but that is because Russ is a selfish cornball not the scheme. The one thing Bryce has going is his teammates like everyone else have bought in on him being a Good Guy.

Do you really think guys like him if he is getting the kid glove treatment and didn't have to earn a thing? Also costing OFF guys money on there contact or a chance to even look good. To me he comes off fake, as long as things going good he is happy go lucky but when things go bad you see the other side and the IDC comes out. To me that's not "a good guy"

I think back to a interview last season with Luvu and Young walked up and all he could say was look at him he smooth but the way he said it was kinda in a back handed way to me. I have not seen smooth, charisma, or anything close to it with Young. I just don't see how the smallest, soft spoken guy in the room can be the leader of men.

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Anybody notice they didn't even let dalton throw the ball the other day? I could be wrong but the final drive I never saw him throw when it was time on the clock. Very interesting not surprising 

I’m thinking that as the next few games transpire with Bryce as we all know they will, media conversation will HAVE to be, ‘when does Andy go in?’ It is coming. Guaranteed. What the company line/narrative will be is sure to be entertaining. 

I don’t think they will ever pull him at halftime without injury because that pretty much sticks a fork in the Bryce era.  Not many QBs start again after being yanked midway through a game, unless they’re a proven vet.