• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Waldman on Panthers offense

52 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Thing is, Dalton is a guarantee to bring at least some life in. Most of would kill for a 2 TD, 2 Int 275 type day. Losing 17 to 24. Hell, I’d beg for that right now. 

Problem is it makes T look like the football doof that he really is. He never brought in legit competition for Bryce to not show Bryce up. Why do y’all think Dalton never played a snap in preseason? Problem is, WHEN Bryce goes down, does he really put Plummer in over Andy to protect his ego, knowing Plummer will shart the bed? If he goes in over Andy it’ll be very telling. It sounds completely nuts, but with this regime, nothing surprises me. 

Anybody notice they didn't even let dalton throw the ball the other day? I could be wrong but the final drive I never saw him throw when it was time on the clock. Very interesting not surprising 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm thinking Bryce cannot afford to have another game like the last one. He's already on a downward spiral out of the league and the season just started. The only thing that is buying him time now is that the alternative is a washed up Andy Dalton. Another stinker and it will get hot in Teppers suite next Sunday. 

If anything he was lucky he gave that performance on the road. Do it at home in front of fans who are already frustrated its gonna be hell to pay and might end the Bryce era early m.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, strato said:

I'd laugh like hell if he went Tepper on Bryce. "Canales, I need you to clean out his locker and put that poo next to his car. Now!"

That would be sooooo bad for the team. The way he treats people he could do anything when it happens.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Anybody notice they didn't even let dalton throw the ball the other day? I could be wrong but the final drive I never saw him throw when it was time on the clock. Very interesting not surprising 

I think we need to go baseball and platoon at QB.  Bryce comes in for the handoffs and 5 yard bombs and Dalton comes in to throw the NFL passes. 

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

That would be sooooo bad for the team. The way he treats people he could do anything when it happens.

I am not being serious.  Just spitballing some Tepper love. I actually wouldn’t laugh.  Maybe a little. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, strato said:

I am not being serious.  Just spitballing some Tepper love. I actually wouldn’t laugh.  Maybe a little. 

It would be hard to not laugh at the absurdity of it. Tepper has a history petty behavior so it could be something in that route. Sorry was going a store run and typed quickly, it's hard to be serious about any of this.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It would be hard to not laugh at the absurdity of it. Tepper has a history petty behavior so it could be something in that route. Sorry was going a store run and typed quickly, it's hard to be serious about any of this.

Gotta have some gallows humor if nothing else.  
and honestly at this point, I would cheer getting Young off the field whatever it takes, short of his death or something really bad. 

Edited by strato
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

was this the sack towards the end of the first half?

because right before that bryce called a timeout, so he wouldn't be able to call a timeout again without incurring a penalty. offense can't call timeouts back to back without running a play in between.

NO might have known this and just sent an obvious overload blitz because what the fug is bryce gonna do about it? clearly not change protections or audible out of anything.

Not sure--good question. I can't watch it again.  Good questions

That was a poorly executed slide left protection. They all have a man to their left. If their man drops into coverage, they are responsible for kicking out to the edge. When Corbett's man drops off he must kick out the edge rusher giving the QB an open pocket to step up.

Corbett's responsibility is punch right, man left, kick out. He is NEVER suppose to go right. That belongs to the guard & RB. The RB is strong side protection, pick up A gap blitz/stunt, release. Ekwonu is punch edge, man.

There were only 2 rushers between the tackles pre snap with 1 deep safety & 1 rusher dropped into coverage leaving the middle of the field to attack.

Bryce responsibility was hot middle, step up, safety check, run. 

Corbett is a project at center.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

They both can be ass bro. 

Of course but it isn't just Reich and Canales.

We're at least half a dozen different coaches in from last years staff that have been labeled the absolute worst because they couldn't make Bryce Young a starting QB. Could they be? Definitely. Is it likely and a given at this point? Debatable.

Furthermore we simply have not seen Reich or Canales in the regular season with any other QB to work with yet other than the game last year against the Seahawks. Do you remember how a lot of people downplayed the offense looking much better with Dalton on the road against the Seahawks? Who can say how different much of the pieces within last years offense would have looked with a larger sample size of Dalton? We have seen Bryce Young look like the worst starting QB in the entire NFL with two different coaching staffs now. That's all I know for absolute sure. It seems likely he will get another game or two before a change is made. But at this point we have to see this group with someone else that isn't a direct detriment to the team around them in order to assess everything else including scheme playcalling and overall coaching.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

18 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ive watched the NFL for 40+ years and I can tell you with 100% certainty that bryce being a good guy isnt going to mean poo to his teammates if they dont start winning and winning stat.  2 years of being completely embarrassed is like an albatross to alpha dogs in the nfl.   What in the hell do you think Diontae johnson is going to do to him if Young keeps laughing after throwing picks? 

Damn you’re an old guy huh 

15 hours ago, frankw said:

Do you remember how a lot of people downplayed the offense looking much better with Dalton on the road against the Seahawks? 

They did look better, but only because the bar was set so low.  They only had 13 points entering the 4th quarter.  Andy Dalton averaged 6.2 Y/A that game, which is better than Bryce, but among qualified passers would have ranked 29th in the league in 2023 (tied with Zach Wilson).  People focus a lot on the passing yards but seem to forget we threw the ball 58 times.  We had 44 rushing yards. The only reason we got to 27 points is because the game was well out of reach.  

Again, not saying it didn't look better.  But it still sucked, it was just a different flavor of suck.

• Pie 1