• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Waldman on Panthers offense

I hope they pull Bryce early for Dalton if Bryce continues the same stuff in the 1st quarter. Canales and this organization need to win, not develop for the future. History shows that where you are picking in the 1st round does not matter. Caleb Williams is very meh and Maye was so horrid that the Patriots refused to put him out there

Canales has to know that allowing someone to show Bryce up is a one way ticket to oops. 

You have to wait for a sprain or something that would legit keep him off the field. After seeing the difference in watchability game three last season, I have no doubt we would see the same thing if they allowed Dalton to play his game. 

2 minutes ago, strato said:

Canales has to know that allowing someone to show Bryce up is a one way ticket to oops. 

You have to wait for a sprain or something that would legit keep him off the field. After seeing the difference in watchability game three last season, I have no doubt we would see the same thing if they allowed Dalton to play his game. 

Depends on Tepper if it's an oops or not. He will probably be seen as the hero by everyone else. 

A couple more games like that and he doesn't need an excuse out of that house. Maybe play the IR card just to save face and see if they can get a 6th instead of a 7th for him. IDK but it's already justifiable to the masses. 

40 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I noticed the miscommunication when the play happened.  What we don't know is how late in the play clock we were--for some Reason, Bryce likes to take it down.  I think we should get to the LOS and set with over 5 seconds, giving you time to check out of this or that.  When you are struggling to beat the clock--the defense knows it.  But Bryce could clearly see the advantage out wide and the disadvantage at the LOS.  Why did professionals not execute this play for a big gain?

was this the sack towards the end of the first half?

because right before that bryce called a timeout, so he wouldn't be able to call a timeout again without incurring a penalty. offense can't call timeouts back to back without running a play in between.

NO might have known this and just sent an obvious overload blitz because what the fug is bryce gonna do about it? clearly not change protections or audible out of anything.

Thing is, Dalton is a guarantee to bring at least some life in. Most of would kill for a 2 TD, 2 Int 275 type day. Losing 17 to 24. Hell, I’d beg for that right now. 

Problem is it makes T look like the football doof that he really is. He never brought in legit competition for Bryce to not show Bryce up. Why do y’all think Dalton never played a snap in preseason? Problem is, WHEN Bryce goes down, does he really put Plummer in over Andy to protect his ego, knowing Plummer will shart the bed? If he goes in over Andy it’ll be very telling. It sounds completely nuts, but with this regime, nothing surprises me. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

You guys are crazy if you think Tepper would prefer to lose with Bryce than play Dalton. Winning is everything. Tepper wouldn't give two shits about Bryce if Dalton came in and started winning. 

Tepper is as tired of the losing as we are. He'll do anything it takes to start winning games

Edited by amcoolio
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

was this the sack towards the end of the first half?

because right before that bryce called a timeout, so he wouldn't be able to call a timeout again without incurring a penalty. offense can't call timeouts back to back without running a play in between.

NO might have known this and just sent an obvious overload blitz because what the fug is bryce gonna do about it? clearly not change protections or audible out of anything.

Good thinking but no it was not. I went and watched from 2 minutes left in the 1st half. I didn't have the heart to search further. 

41 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Depends on Tepper if it's an oops or not. He will probably be seen as the hero by everyone else. 

A couple more games like that and he doesn't need an excuse out of that house. Maybe play the IR card just to save face and see if they can get a 6th instead of a 7th for him. IDK but it's already justifiable to the masses. 

Absolutely it depends on mr brassballs. 

I think the only way it happens is if the stadium turns on them, and loudly. 

Which could happen but there will be so few Panthers fans and half or more will be for the other team so they wouldn't be booing him. 

Maybe enough cheers from other teams' fans could embarrass him enough. I don't he gets embarrassed though. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

45 minutes ago, strato said:

I'm thinking Bryce cannot afford to have another game like the last one. He's already on a downward spiral out of the league and the season just started. The only thing that is buying him time now is that the alternative is a washed up Andy Dalton. Another stinker and it will get hot in Teppers suite next Sunday. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I'm thinking Bryce cannot afford to have another game like the last one. He's already on a downward spiral out of the league and the season just started. The only thing that is buying him time now is that the alternative is a washed up Andy Dalton. Another stinker and it will get hot in Teppers suite next Sunday. 

Drinks will be flying no doubt. 

Maybe he'll buy another team you know, and sell this one. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, strato said:

Absolutely it depends on mr brassballs. 

I think the only way it happens is if the stadium turns on them, and loudly. 

Which could happen but there will be so few Panthers fans and half or more will be for the other team so they wouldn't be booing him. 

Maybe enough cheers from other teams' fans could embarrass him enough. I don't he gets embarrassed though. 

The media is turning. The stadium turned last year and it's the worst opening day I can remember. And the employees could revolt.

He was throwing drinks last year. Sunday was really bad even by opening day standards. Tickets are not selling. IDK but something will break eventually on this trajectory

Just now, Waldo said:

The media is turning. The stadium turned last year and it's the worst opening day I can remember. And the employees could revolt.

He was throwing drinks last year. Sunday was really bad even by opening day standards. Tickets are not selling. IDK but something will break eventually on this trajectory

I'd laugh like hell if he went Tepper on Bryce. "Canales, I need you to clean out his locker and put that poo next to his car. Now!"

2 minutes ago, strato said:

Drinks will be flying no doubt. 

Maybe he'll buy another team you know, and sell this one. 

They will lose this game and the only thing in the Panthers fan world will care about is how Bryce played. His career is hanging by a thread.