• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hot routes?

NAS

11 hours ago, NAS said:

Serious question here

Did anyone see any "hot route" options on the Saints blitzes for Bryce to check into.  Is that even an option for him?  Is he allowed to do that or does Canales have to call that for him presnap?  

On the play below it looks like two receivers could have run something short for an easy gain, a quick slant or a quick out.  Not sure if Bryce would have hit them but this playcalling looks ridiculous.

that's the game Dave plays.  Sets up for the chunk pass play.  Bryce was looking dead at it.  WR even put his hand up.  Got to make the throw and eat the hit.  That's football.  Carr did it.  It happens every week.  Sometimes the play comes down to a QB be willing to take the hit and make the D pay. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

that's the game Dave plays.  Sets up for the chunk pass play.  Bryce was looking dead at it.  WR even put his hand up.  Got to make the throw and eat the hit.  That's football.  Carr did it.  It happens every week.  Sometimes the play comes down to a QB be willing to take the hit and make the D pay. 

Therein lies I think the most fundamental problem with Bryce.

He wants to play like a Mahomes, but his limitations don’t allow for it (size, speed, arm, quickness) and he should be playing like the lesser mobile guys who step up and take the hits (Purdue, Goff, Stanford, Carr). Problem is, the street style became second nature to him in school and he’s not shaking it out. But on the flip side, he also doesn’t have the body to take those hits consistently. So he’s kind of f’n screwed on both ends.

Kyler works (sometimes, not even all the time) and Russ had his good years because they had escapability and the arm. Bryce doesn’t have that.

So he’s a walking contradiction and I just don’t see a fit for him in the NFL much longer if I’m being entirely honest.

No arm, can’t outpace DLs, can’t consistently see the field, terrible pocket presence, bad footwork, low energy, he legitimately has none of the traits you look for in a modern QB. Nice guy I’ll give him that. 

• Beer 2

I said it a few weeks ago. The game plan is so simple for opposing defenses. Send the house, run stunts and stop the run. The few medium range shots he does hit on will be completely insignificant. Even bottom tier defenses can do this. 

I’m still completely baffled as to how he became QB1 at the premier college FB in the country. Saban and Smart can have literally whomever they want. With Stroud on that team, they would have clowned everyone. 

• Pie 4

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

They took it off the table early I think. Like week 2 or 3?

Not sure what he can change tho. Less people blocking as he runs back out of protection? Take one blocker & 1 rusher out of that play and nothing really changes but maybe a 1 yard play?

true, what else can you do?

So if two coaches now won’t let him audible, what do you think that tells you? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

true, what else can you do?

So if two coaches now won’t let him audible, what do you think that tells you? 

There are no good options and at some point they are going to have to have the obvious conversation they have avoided for more than a year. There were reports Reich wanted to sit him. 

I don't know what a solid game plan with him would be? Play a very bad team with no secondary or pass rush I guess. The Saints know this team very well but they are not a good team IMO. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

There are no good options and at some point they are going to have to have the obvious conversation they have avoided for more than a year. There were reports Reich wanted to sit him. 

I don't know what a solid game plan with him would be? Play a very bad team with no secondary or pass rush I guess. The Saints know this team very well but they are not a good team IMO. 

To me, if this team and staff has to do all this bs to make him look good, he’s not good and it’s time to come up with a plan to move forward without him. What a disaster of that happens (looking like it’s going to) 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

To me, if this team and staff has to do all this bs to make him look good, he’s not good and it’s time to come up with a plan to move forward without him. What a disaster of that happens (looking like it’s going to) 

They need a little longer to give it the try everyone expects to see but how much longer is now the question. Some think Tepper forces it all year and others expect something to give. It's brutal out there today for them and it's not going to just magically get better. Hell the home opener could be awful

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

I said it a few weeks ago. The game plan is so simple for opposing defenses. Send the house, run stunts and stop the run. The few medium range shots he does hit on will be completely insignificant. Even bottom tier defenses can do this. 

I’m still completely baffled as to how he became QB1 at the premier college FB in the country. Saban and Smart can have literally whomever they want. With Stroud on that team, they would have clowned everyone. 

Alabama largely faces teams that are flat out weaker than them across the board.  They might of seen 1-2 games a season where an opponent had comparable bodies.

they could sleep walk to a natty with a QB that couldn’t throw the roster was so good and did.  Hurts didn’t learn to throw into he went to OU in reality. 

• Pie 1

1 deep safety with 2 defender between tackles pre snap. Bryce had the hot over middle. When Mike drops, hot is gone & Bryce needs to step up while reading the single high safety.

What we see here is a poorly executed slide left protection. There are 3 blockers on the A gap. Corbett should have never gone right. His man was the Mike that dropped & he was to stay with the weak side protection.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

They need a little longer to give it the try everyone expects to see but how much longer is now the question. Some think Tepper forces it all year and others expect something to give. It's brutal out there today for them and it's not going to just magically get better. Hell the home opener could be awful

I'm all for anything that gives Tepper the kind of feeling in his stomach that I get watching the beloved team he has single handedly ruined. 

It isn't about pleasure it is about pain. His. I would love to watch him melt down again. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, strato said:

I'm all for anything that gives Tepper the kind of feeling in his stomach that I get watching the beloved team he has single handedly ruined. 

It isn't about pleasure it is about pain. His. I would love to watch him melt down again. 

I would love to see him eat poop but not at the teams expense. Whatever goes down in this mess is anyone's guess at this point but that guy has shown incredibly poor taste at all levels so it's likely to be entertaining.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I would love to see him eat poop but not at the teams expense. Whatever goes down in this mess is anyone's guess at this point but that guy has shown incredibly poor taste at all levels so it's likely to be entertaining.

I am not advocating sucking. Just conditioned to anticipate it.

• Beer 1